Distinguish between Silluq and Meteg, please!!

Accordance Enthusiast

Accordance 13 DOES have a separate character for Silluq and for Meteg (Ga'ya).

HOWEVER, in reality the searches do not distinguish between Meteg and Siluq! 

How must I do my research now? What if I'm looking for words that have Meteg but not Siluq??

image.png.f66cb76dac673c22356e155ac49a4f1c.png

Here is another example:

image.png.8e4895c593ae3732f11ee427db91e828.png

Hmm! I wonder if there is a way to exclude the sof pasuk from your searches on the meteg/gaʿya ?

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2022 at 1:06 AM, Accordance Enthusiast said:

Accordance 13 DOES have a separate character for Silluq and for Meteg (Ga'ya).

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that Accordance 13 distinguishes silluq from gaʿya? (I agree that if you can't search for this distinction, it isn't much of a distinction, but I'm curious to know in what limited, non-search capacity this distinction does exist.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Benjamin Denckla said:

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that Accordance 13 distinguishes silluq from gaʿya? (I agree that if you can't search for this distinction, it isn't much of a distinction, but I'm curious to know in what limited, non-search capacity this distinction does exist.)

Look at the character descriptions as I over them with my pointer below: (Accordance 13 & 14)

Siluq:

image.png.fb10c068d2c1013fb0847f35c9e3195c.png

Vs. Metheg:

image.png.49c653f0c376e62cae677001cbc9b6ae.png

Edited by Accordance Enthusiast

This shows that the Yehudit font has separate glyphs for silluq & metheg. (BTW I have a soft spot for that older transliteration of tav as "th" though I don't usually use it myself). As a side note, the glyphs seem to be logically separate but visually either identical or very close to identical.

Then the question becomes, do any Accordance texts actually take advantage of that distinction?