Import User Tool not working

Erhard

I am trying to import a new user tool. According to Accordance Help, after you open the "import user tool" pop-up, have PDF selected and create a new user tool, there is supposed to be another "standard dialog box" is supposed to open. It does not 🙁. I also tried creating a new user tool and then importing into that. Again, that did not work. Any ideas?

It seems you are confused with "new".  New User Tool means totally new not import. 

1. You can create a new User Tool. Give a name and open it. Paste the content in. Save it. 

2. Open Import User Tool and choose PDF, click O.K. again O.K. and choose the PDF.

Edited by Fabian

HI Fabian

I think this might be a Windows 10 issue. I just tried doing it according to the instructions on my Windows 11 computer and it worked there. The dialog box appeared and imported just fine. I had tried both importing to make a new user tool and also as you have said to create a new one and then paste into it. When I pasted into it, not all the text came in. I suspect they will need to look at the Windows 10 issue.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Erhard said:

I think this might be a Windows 10 issue.

@Erhard, it may not be a universal Windows 10 issue. I'm running Accordance 13.3.2 on Windows 10.0.19044, and when I click OK on the Import to User Tool dialog (after selecting PDF in the Import dropdown and the Create a new User Tool option), I'm seeing the PDF File Import dialog (see attached), which I believe is the expected behavior.

user-tool-import.png

You may be right, I just tried it on another windows 10 computer and it worked there. Then I went back to my main computer and it worked this time. Kind of strange. Really make me wonder what happened before when the dialog box would not come up as I tried it several times.