Lance

Here’s a bit of an irony for you. (Background: I’m a longtime Accordance mac user. I’ve needed to do a complete uninstall - reinstall. So now setting up from scratch as a new user starting with default settings).

I defy anyone here to navigate setup and preferences when the panels look like this (see attached. It’s more than ironic that this is the Appearance preferences panel). I have a headache from trying and I’ve barely started. So two things: 

(1) Can some kind person direct me to which ever setting I need to tweak to render the settings readable so I can then go from there. 

(2) If a member of the app dev team finds their way to this post, could they please fix the default appearance so no one else experiences this as their welcome to Accordance. In the name of humanity and mercy 😂

screenshot_37.png

13 minutes ago, Lance said:

Here’s a bit of an irony for you. (Background: I’m a longtime Accordance mac user. I’ve needed to do a complete uninstall - reinstall. So now setting up from scratch as a new user starting with default settings).

I defy anyone here to navigate setup and preferences when the panels look like this (see attached. It’s more than ironic that this is the Appearance preferences panel). I have a headache from trying and I’ve barely started. So two things: 

(1) Can some kind person direct me to which ever setting I need to tweak to render the settings readable so I can then go from there. 

(2) If a member of the app dev team finds their way to this post, could they please fix the default appearance so no one else experiences this as their welcome to Accordance. In the name of humanity and mercy 😂

screenshot_37.png

I've reported several Dark Mode issues. But they are nearly all not fixed. 

Second I would go to the General Theme, the one on top and choose "Default". "Standard" in German. Only then the Dark Mode works.

Thanks, Fabian. However I sadly don’t have either “Default” or “Standard” as theme menu choices. The starting default is called “Classic”, and that’s then one that produced the behaviour that prompting this post.

1342268044_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-05um18_36_21.thumb.png.a464e7dc4d2a29b8ce71b1ba1fd591fe.png

Same for Tools and Notes.

@Accordance this should be the default if someone starts with Accordance!!!

• Like 1

I'm not sure exactly why this is happening (we'll definitely look into it), but the fix is to uncheck "Automatically adjust to system dark mode" and then select "Dark" from the "General Theme" dropdown in your Appearance settings. You'll be prompted to restart Accordance and dark mode will work as expected. If you want Accordance to adjust to the system dark mode, you can return to the Appearance preferences and select that option (and your dark mode settings will be retained). 

• Like 1