Instant Details window height increases after every restart

Steven S

Environment

• Accordance 13.3.2
  • Windows 10.0.19044

Description
Upon restarting Accordance, the height of the (docked) Instant Details window increases by several pixels from the previous session.

Reproduction frequency
Always.

Reproduction steps

1. Create a new workspace.
  2. If necessary, open a new tab for the "ESV with Strong's" text.
  3. If necessary, open the Instant Details window and ensure it is docked (i.e., not floating).
  4. Close all other open workspaces.
  5. Quit Accordance.
  6. Restart Accordance.

Expected behavior
The height of the Instant Details window should be equal to that of the previous session.

Actual behavior
The height of the Instant Details window increases by several pixels.

Notes
Attached are screenshots of the Instant Details window taken after initially creating the workspace and then after nine consecutive restarts. After each restart, the Instant Details window height increased by 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, and 7 pixels respectively.

Note that step (4) in the reproduction steps seems to be important as the issue is only observed in the first workspace to be restored by Accordance if there are multiple open workspaces.

This issue is possibly related to the following:

accordance-instant-details-01.png

accordance-instant-details-02.png

accordance-instant-details-03.png

accordance-instant-details-04.png

accordance-instant-details-05.png

accordance-instant-details-06.png

accordance-instant-details-07.png

accordance-instant-details-08.png

accordance-instant-details-09.png

accordance-instant-details-10.png

I have had similar experiences, also with the library. It changes size as well.

I also can confirm that Instant Details changes size on my Win10 system. A minor annoyance I figured was due to using dual monitors and screen resolution stuff.

• Like 2

With the screenshots arranged vertically in my original post, it's a bit hard to see the window height progression. Attached below is an animation that should be easier to digest.

accordance-instant-details.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mgvh said:

A minor annoyance I figured was due to using dual monitors and screen resolution stuff.

I wonder, ... what resolution monitors are you guys using? I have 2 - 2560 X 1440 and one 1920 X 1080 for a triple monitor setup. Accordance is usually on the higher res monitors. I have also noticed and brought up that if I move Accordance from the higher res monitor to the 1920 monitor, the Bible Book selector does not work at the bottom

18 minutes ago, Steven S said:

I'm using a single 1920 x 1080 display.

Hi Steven, I think that rules out monitor issues. So likely something in the program itself

• Like 1

I have had this problem on two different laptops. I can get the Instant Details window to stay at a set size for a while, but then it starts to grow and grow until it has achieved its happy point. I've worked with Tech Support on this and they had me make a new Workspace. This worked for a while and the cycle started again. 

• Like 2

This kind of makes me wonder if it has something to do with the code that saves the workspace since it happens with Instant details, the library and seems to also affect the checking for updates. It seems that a lot of times when you check for updates when you start Accordance, the updates does not work, it then crashes Accordance and usually upon restart it is able to do updates.

Please note that it appears this issue only occurs when the workspace is maximized before quitting Accordance. If I de-maximize the new workspace before reproduction step (5), the Instant Details window height remains unchanged upon restarting Accordance.