Accordance 13.3.2 hangs when adding new tab to a zone on M1 Mac

Martin Shields

When I try and add a new tab to a zone using the "+" icon to the right of any existing tabs on my M1 MacBook Pro running MacOS 12.3, Accordance consistently hangs and I have to force-quit it. Does anyone else experience this problem or have any suggestions as to a fix.

I've noticed the problem when trying to add a new "UBS4 Greek NT" tab or a new Hebrew Bible, but it may happen for any new tab (I just don't have the patience to try for all). I've had to find other ways to add tabs (and they do work), but this is consistent and annoying!

Thanks.

Hi, Martin.

I'm experiencing the same problem, with the same texts you're trying to add as well as a few others.  I have a M1 MacBook Pro, and thought at first it could be an issue with the new Apple Silicon chip, since you also have a M1 Mac. But I have an older Intel MacBook Pro that is exhibiting the same thing.  Frustrating to say the least--I've completely lost the ability to have side-by-side comparisons of texts.

I've tried some of the basics--opening Accordance in Safe Mode, deleting the Starting Session, etc.--but nothing has been the magic bullet. 

I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if an admin or someone can offer a solution. 

Edited by Glenn Cole

I'm on macOS 12.2.1 and Accordance 13.3.2 and can not find a module that hangs from the + add tab. I wonder how it could be the macOS .3 update?

update: I just updated to macOS 12.3 and I still can't repeat the bug with any of the texts I have on my laptop. Maybe it's a certain set of texts?

I've tried to replicate the hang on my Intel iMac running Monterey (macOS 12.3), but everything there is running smoothly.  

On the laptop, I've tested trying to open a new tab with various texts, and what I found is that the hang issue seems to be isolated to items in the "Modern Bibles," "Greek Texts," and "Hebrew Texts" groups.  I could not replicate the hang using any items in "Dictionaries," "Commentaries," etc.  (I did not do an exhaustive test.) 

Also, something else peculiar:  the hang issue for me occurs when I try to open a new tab using the "+" symbol next to the current tab.  However, when I use the "New Tab" icon in the upper left of the menu bar, I get a pop-up error that says, "Accordance was unable to validate this module online. Please enter the unlocking code for the module 'Henry':"  If I cancel that dialog box (have to cancel it twice), the module opens in a new tab. 

27 minutes ago, Glenn Cole said:

the hang issue for me occurs when I try to open a new tab using the "+" symbol next to the current tab.  However, when I use the "New Tab" icon in the upper left of the menu bar, I get a pop-up error that says, "Accordance was unable to validate this module online. Please enter the unlocking code for the module 'Henry':"  If I cancel that dialog box (have to cancel it twice), the module opens in a new tab. 

That all sounds perfectly normal.  😆🤣

I took the rather drastic measure of completely uninstalling and then reinstalling Accordance.  (I had an older install file [.dmg] for version 13.0.2, so I needed to install it and then update to the current version [13.3.2], in addition to reinstalling paid modules and others I had previously installed along the way.)  For whatever reason, the hang issue has not recurred. 

I'll keep my eye out for problems, but for now it seems it has resolved for me. 

• Like 2

Thanks for letting us know how you corrected it.