Creating a tag database in Accordance

circuitrider

Is it possible at the present time to create topical tag for a verse or word in Accordance?

The kind of tags I have in mind are the kind you use to tag a file or folder on the Mac.  These tags are also heavily used in Evernote.  I just noticed that this kind of tagging system is also used on this forum, I've included a snapshot.2068158683_ScreenShot2022-03-19at6_50_50PM.thumb.png.77c98c156fd56af44cb62ef937d019b7.png

I see that symbols and highlights can be used in this way but I don't like to highlight in my texts and tools.

It would however, be really neat to be able to create personalized tag database and make this tag list searchable.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you! 🙂

You mean something like the Ezra Bible app has? Then not. But you can make Notes on every topic. In the notes you can mix (links to) Bible and Tools. You can make a Note for the topic "Love", a Note for the topic "Hate", "Jerusalem", "End Times", "Accordance is the best Bible Software" or "Whatever you want". 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good info Fabian! I haven't used Accordance note feature but I should give it a try more.

You're probably already aware of this, but you can can hide highlighting in a Text or Tool and still search for the highlight tags using the [STYLE ?] command.

• Like 1

@Fabian - I just looked up the Ezra Bible App and you are correct, that is the kind of tagging I was referring.  That would be awesome to have in Accordance.  I've never used the note feature but may try it out.

@Mark Allison -  Thank you for the tip.  That would be one option.

This may be a big assumption but seems like it would not be too difficult to add the conventional tagging system to Accordance?  It would be a great and very useful feature; and most people wouldn't have to learn a new process such as Accordance Highlighting or Accordance Notes to create a topical database in the App.

Thank you both for your input!

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 7:53 PM, circuitrider said:

Is it possible at the present time to create topical tag for a verse or word in Accordance?

I see that symbols and highlights can be used in this way but I don't like to highlight in my texts and tools.

It would however, be really neat to be able to create personalized tag database and make this tag list searchable.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you! 🙂

I think your best option would be to create your own user-defined highlight styles which you can set to be virtually invisible. Then you can "tag" different verses with these invisible highlights. These could then be easily searched with the [Style *] search command. 

Tags would be nice, but in the meantime I think this would work for you.