Infer Command - Multiple Texts

DWomack

After attending the Infer Command webinar today (3/17/2022) hosted by Rick Mansfield, I asked the following question:

"Are there any future plans in accordance to allow the ability to compare more than one text? Do you see any extra benefit in having this capability?"

The general feedback seemed to suggest that this might be something we all could benefit from in a future release.

Hope others will consider this as a viable request.

Thank you for your time.

David Womack

• Like 1

What would that do exactly? Give you a choice when you click on the allusion of which text to go to if they both match?

The LINK command allows you to run the same search across as many texts as you want. Here, AF-T and APOL-T are linked to NA28. So, I'm searching these three texts for any allusions to Psalm 8 in the LXX. I would set it all up how you want and save it as a workspace for later use.

I use the LINK command for a lot of different things, linking groups of lexicons or groups of commentaries. For example, I have an "Amos Commentaries" workspace where I can search the Reference Field in one commentary and all the other commentaries will "flip" to that "page," so to speak. Live Click => Verse Lookup does the same thing, but I like having the whole commentary open. 

1286952797_ScreenShot2022-03-17at3_18_11PM.thumb.png.5300ae093362230ad6014166805ed294.png

1949855763_ScreenShot2022-03-17at4_19_44PM.thumb.png.e5be2ccc319d91f007a35a9fd55df8f9.png

Edited by Jordan S
  • Like 3

@DWomack, I apologize that I completely blanked about the link command when you asked your question yesterday. I'm adding this to my notes and will just make it part of the webinar presentation next time.

• Like 1

Whoa. So if I understand this correctly, [LINK] runs the same [INFER] command versus the LXX as declared in the NA28 tab against the AF and Apologists corpora also?

So basically this is a 3 way inference of GNT, AF, and Apologists versus the LXX?

That is seriously cool.

Can one accomplish LXX inferences in a single tab versus all other Greek texts in Accordance using [INFER] combined with [TEXT] with a bunch of booleans?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dandennison said:

Can one accomplish LXX inferences in a single tab versus all other Greek texts in Accordance using [INFER] combined with [TEXT] with a bunch of booleans?

No, because that’s not what the TEXT command does. It finds a word in the Text you’re searching that corresponds (via tags, MT-LXX parallel, WordMap) to a word in another text meeting the conditions specified in the TEXT command. But there is no such correspondence between Texts that represent different corpora.