Greek Grammar: Beyond the Basics

Donna Torrence

The Greek Grammar: Beyond the Basics by Daniel B. Wallace, which you sell, does not have these features like the one from Logos:

• Subject Index

• Greek word index

• Scripture Index

The book from Logos is the same book you sell and the same price, Would you please include those features in your version and resend an update? I include the link for the book from logos so you can see.

https://www.logos.com/product/34167/greek-grammar-beyond-the-basics

• Like 6

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll show this to the module developers.

• Like 1

We’re looking into it.

• Like 1

Since this module is (possibly) being updated could you also consider hyperlinking the Syntax Summaries to their respective location in the main body of the grammar?

• Like 1

I’ll mention this to them as well. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Moved to module requests so we can file this as a module update request.

• 1 month later...

Is this the thread to track to see if an update was implemented? 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, Donna Torrence said:
  • Subject Index

• Greek word index

• Scripture Index

Historically, Accordance would not add these kinds of parts of a book to the module because the system has the indices already. In the case of Wallace, this is true for Scripture and Greek Words, both of which are accessible from the search bar as "Scripture" and "Greek Content" respectively.

However, I notice that Subject is missing. While it is true you can search the table of contents, this isn't quite the same.

Best,

Dan

• Like 2

I absolutely would love to see these added!!!!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! You can continue to monitor this thread, and our module programmers are looking into it. We don’t have an ETA on an update to announce at the moment.

13 hours ago, Dan Dennison said:

Historically, Accordance would not add these kinds of parts of a book to the module because the system has the indices already. In the case of Wallace, this is true for Scripture and Greek Words, both of which are accessible from the search bar as "Scripture" and "Greek Content" respectively.

However, I notice that Subject is missing. While it is true you can search the table of contents, this isn't quite the same.

Best,

Dan

That's odd. If someone buys a book, it's unexpected to not get the whole book - indexes, appendices, and all.

What is the value of indices when the entire book can be searched, and the results viewed, more easily than hunting words and pages in an index?

• Like 1

An index usually doesn't cover every word exhaustively. Sometimes they are quite limited. The particular words and phrases included inform the reader what things the author views as most important, including some telling things that might not have been noticed otherwise. Value could be gleaned beyond the regular text of the book. Apparently, that other company understands this.

• Like 1

In terms of indices, it’s kind of a “both”. On one hand, the entire book can be searched, so the indices can tend to be redundant. Accordance already has really powerful search capabilities on board.

However, customers who need the content to mirror the printed book at times still consults the indices, so our module developers are looking at including them in some books where they’re missing (this one being one of them). We don’t have an ETA on when we’ll have an update of the module ready for it (we have to acquire the indices files and add them to the module), but our module programmers are aware of the need for this, and it’s on their list to work on.