Recently Closed Tab(s) List

jkdoyle

It would be really cool to have a 'Recently Closed' list option like is available in many browsers. There are times I accidentally close a tab and wish that I could easily restore it.  Maybe such a thing already exists, and I'm unaware of it?

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 1.43.45 AM.png

• Like 4

For example in Safari if you force touch on 1249832168_Bildschirmfoto2022-03-17um11_34_56.png.3c4f1bc04284390de7ced449df993985.png you get a list with older tabs you recently closed. Something similar would be great. 

I guess it is the same list as jkdoyle showed. 

And there is a shortcut too.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

Or at least the ability to reopen the last tab closed. Especially in the first couple of years with Accordance, CMD-W sometimes closed something different from what I expected.

• Like 4

+ 1 for both of these last two requests.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 6:36 AM, Fabian said:

For example in Safari if you force touch on 1249832168_Bildschirmfoto2022-03-17um11_34_56.png.3c4f1bc04284390de7ced449df993985.png you get a list with older tabs you recently closed. Something similar would be great. 

I guess it is the same list as jkdoyle showed. 

And there is a shortcut too.

I've used Safari since the day it was released and didn't know you could do this. Thanks for the tip! 

Also, I agree that it's a great idea for Accordance, and will talk to our developers about it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I've used Safari since the day it was released and didn't know you could do this. Thanks for the tip! 

Also, I agree that it's a great idea for Accordance, and will talk to our developers about it.

AFAIK, this came with Mavericks or so.

And as I requested on 

I would love to have more gesture features in Accordance which are "normal" on the Mac. May with the possibilities to turn them on and off. But I would love to have it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fabian said:

I would love to have more gesture features in Accordance which are "normal" on the Mac. May with the possibilities to turn them on and off. But I would love to have it.

Agreed. We've been talking internally about adding gestures as well as enhanced mouse support. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Agreed. We've been talking internally about adding gestures as well as enhanced mouse support. 

A side note. For me it is not understandable why there is no pinch to zoom (to increase the font) in Mac Mail. In Win XP it was simple, hold the cursor over the email and turn the mouse wheel, by holding the alt key. In some areas macOS is over 20 years behind. Simple things that XP was able, are still not able on Monterey.🙄 This was also a normal behavior in IE 5.5, which I preferred much over 6. There are more examples, but this would expand the place here.

I'm not a digital native, but I'm so often in the internet, that I miss in other applications the feature of the web browsers.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

Great! Thanks for this Mark.

• Like 2

BTW, it may be a little hidden, but you can press-and-hold the Add Tab button (has the "+" sign on it) and open any recently-opened modules using the "Recent Modules" option at the top of the list.

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 2.10.53 PM.png

4 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

BTW, it may be a little hidden, but you can press-and-hold the Add Tab button (has the "+" sign on it) and open any recently-opened modules using the "Recent Modules" option at the top of the list.

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 2.10.53 PM.png

Yes, but the old search history is then gone. You open a new instance, not the old one.

On 3/18/2022 at 2:27 PM, Fabian said:

With the search history!

This is the big difference. 

For the Research too. 

Thanks.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Yes, but the old search history is then gone. You open a new instance, not the old one.

This is the big difference. 

For the Research too. 

Thanks.

Search history is already available. Or are you wanting search history to be preserved even after you've closed a tab?

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 2.17.47 PM.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Search history is already available. Or are you wanting search history to be preserved even after you've closed a tab?

Yes, reactivate what I have closed.

I often close the Research, for space, and then I have to type the same again as a new opened Research tab lost the history.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

Yes, reactivate what I have closed.

Yes, that would be nice. There have been many times I've wanted to redo a search but I'd already closed a tab. I'll add this as an internal feature request.

• Like 4

It is so easy to accidentally close a tab. Is there a warning option in settings like 'Display warning before closing tabs?' That might also be helpful. I know it may be bothersome to some users, but accidentally closing a tab that has several text and tool panes with a good search history is always a 'What did I just do?' moment. 😉

16 hours ago, jkdoyle said:

It is so easy to accidentally close a tab. Is there a warning option in settings like 'Display warning before closing tabs?' That might also be helpful. I know it may be bothersome to some users, but accidentally closing a tab that has several text and tool panes with a good search history is always a 'What did I just do?' moment. 😉

In your "General" Preferences you can uncheck the box that says "Suppress Save Warnings". Every time you close a tab you'll see a warning dialog. It can get pretty tedious.

We've all had the experience of closing a tab and losing our search history. I think having a persistent history when reopening a tab is a great idea, and I've submitted the request internally.

• Like 3

Yes! That would be great.

I literally asked Accordance to make this feature available around 2008 and I was told "Accordance isn't like browsers" and to stop thinking they should be like that :(

On 3/20/2022 at 7:05 AM, Mark Allison said:

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

In your "General" Preferences you can uncheck the box that says "Suppress Save Warnings". Every time you close a tab you'll see a warning dialog. It can get pretty tedious.

So great! I thought this was somewhere in the preferences, but I couldn't find it. I think, for me, it's worth the hassle (until a 'open recently closed' option is added. 😉 )

Thanks!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dustin Battles said:

Yes! That would be great.

I literally asked Accordance to make this feature available around 2008 and I was told "Accordance isn't like browsers" and to stop thinking they should be like that :(

Sometimes Accordance has a little bit loooooooooonger....

29 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Sometimes Accordance has a little bit loooooooooonger....

This is a new day. I promise you won't have to wait another 15 years 🙂

• Like 2