Saving Parallel passage workspace

gkerr

Dear Support People,

I want to thank you for the help you all have been to me in the past. I am writing specifically about the parallel passages tool, which I have been using for some time. Unfortunately, I have some concerns about certain aspects of it, and with my limited knowledge of how software works, I think these concerns are more developmental in nature. I will number them for the sake of clarity:
  1. I am not able to save my workspace like I can with other areas. I am currently reading through the Robertson Gospel Harmony selection of the pull-down list, and using the GNT Byzantine 2005 Greek text. When I am done reading for the day, I try to save the workspace as I have done for other workspaces, but when I open it the next time, it is a blank slate, and I have to navigate through the list on the right to find the number where I last left off. 
  2. When I first open the workspace that I have supposedly saved from the last time, usually the Greek text does not automatically appear. I have to select a different parallel from the pull-down list, and then reselect the Robertson one. Then the text will appear, and I can find my place again on the right-hand list. 
  3. When I am reading each column of text, if I need to scroll down and I click on the right-hand bar, it always tells me every time that I can link all the windows together if I want to by using the control key. I have never wanted to, but if I did, since I have read this note 20-30 times, I think I can remember it. Could a box be added with a check mark that says something like "Don't repeat this message any more"?
  4. If I move to another column after I have been reading in one, the first time I need to scroll down the text, the scroll bar, instead of just advancing, jumps the button from the bottom to the top, then allows me to click and scroll the text down. I can't go below the button the first time, since there is no space below to work it. It seems like as soon as I select another column, that the button ought to jump to the top of the scroll bar along with the selection.
Having written all these things, I realize that I may have some option page somewhere with boxes to check that would set some or all these things right. Please let me know if it is just a matter of finding that right page, or if indeed these are things the development team ought to consider adding or adjusting, if it would enhance the usability of Accordance, making it even more useful than it already is!

Thank you and blessings,
Glenn J. Kerr