Profile Banner Photo

cschfr21

Maybe this has been posted somewhere already, but I didn't find it with a cursory glance. Is there somewhere I can change the "banner" photo on my profile? I've seen some profiles with custom photos but haven't found the magic button to change it. Also, I've seen some profiles with various icons under their profile in thread comments, is that customizable? Maybe not because it seems most of them are the Accordance logo, which I'm assuming might be a feature to help differentiate profiles for the "professionals" here. 

Not sure what are referring to banner photos but If you go to your profile and click on badges you get to see some of the icons but these are automatic. Are they what you are referring to?

68CEEDEF-5EE0-49A1-BB59-6A88CDB6F291.png

Thanks @ukfraser! The badges are cool (and I'm already feeling WAY behind on those, but I'll get caught up some day). I'm actually referring to the Accordance Lamp logo that appears under certain profiles, but after looking at more, I see they're all Accordance/Forum staff, so I'm guessing that's what it's for. As far as the "banner" photo, I'm talking about the green abstract picture in the "background" at the top of my profile page. It's the green shades in the attached photo.

banner.png

• Like 1

I think that just the new forum look which was introduced last yearish. 

Edited by ukfraser

I've got an Edit Cover Photo option next to the Edit Profile button. I don't know if that's an admin thing or if others have it, too. Perhaps someone else can let us know if they have it. 

I think that let's you update your picture and not the banner like Caleb is talking about.

If you look at mine, I've got a cover photo option in the top right corner. It's hard to see because of the image behind it. Let me poke around in the settings to see if this can be turned on for everyone.

image.png

• Like 1

I guess it is active. In the "About Me" you can upload an image.

I just turned on the ability for all members to upload a cover photo if you're so inclined. I have no idea if you would have to log out and log back in, refresh, or what.

• Thanks 1

Hi Rick

I had a look but did not see a place where you can do this. Do you have a screenshot of yours to see where the location is?

Click on your name in the top right corner, then Profile, and then top right corner again for Cover Photo.

the top right is Edit Profile

then this is what I have - I do not see a cover photo place. Is this the page that you are talking about?

image.thumb.png.0df0760d23884589448bdefb90ec7b0e.png

2 minutes ago, Erhard said:

the top right is Edit Profile

then this is what I have - I do not see a cover photo place. Is this the page that you are talking about?

Go to your name in the top right of the screen, then Profile under Content.

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 12.17.34 PM.png

Hi Rick

That is how I got to the page that I showed, but there I do not have a cover photo option?

If I click on your picture above, I see your profile page which has an option to change the cover photo at the top right. But since I made the change in settings, you might possibly have to log out and log back in. Perhaps someone else can confirm if you see the option on your page or not.

image.png

Rick, I also noticed that on your screenshot, the cover photo is an option, on mine it is not

image.thumb.png.2aaa0a9766df3233e7c726c070c9a515.png

Let me know what happens when you log out and log back in. If you still don't see an option, I'll have to look further, but it might take a couple of days as this is not a crucial feature to the Accordance experience 😉 

I now have the option to edit the cover photo on my profile. Thanks for adding that! Sorry for the VERY low-priority feature request. 😅

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Caleb Schaefer said:

I now have the option to edit the cover photo on my profile. Thanks for adding that! Sorry for the VERY low-priority feature request. 😅

I'm glad it's working for you. All I meant by the "low-priority" comment was that I was spending WAY too much time trying to track this down--especially if what I had already done was not working. For me, these are the kinds of tasks best pursued in the evening while watching TV 🙂 

• Thanks 1

HI Rick

I logged out and back in and no change. I also rebooted the computer and used a different browser and still the same.

image.thumb.png.7971643fab8157fa360cf2fb75b98c37.png

@Erhard, I may have figured it out. Try one more time.

Hi Rick

Yes, you are fabulous!!

It works now.

image.thumb.png.e4008962509e660100f685ce127d5f71.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

I'm glad it's working for you. All I meant by the "low-priority" comment was that I was spending WAY too much time trying to track this down--especially if what I had already done was not working. For me, these are the kinds of tasks best pursued in the evening while watching TV 🙂 

Ha! I took no offense to it. I actually debated whether to ask or just let it be, but I thought maybe I was missing something. Definitely seems like a TV-watching task. Thanks for tracking it down and getting it resolved! 

40 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

... For me, these are the kinds of tasks best pursued in the evening while watching TV 🙂 

And we learn that Rick is an amazing multitasker!

—Joseph the Single-Tasker

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

If you look at mine, I've got a cover photo option in the top right corner. It's hard to see because of the image behind it. Let me poke around in the settings to see if this can be turned on for everyone.

image.png

I really really love your Jeep!!