Workspace crashes

Timothy Mast

I’m running Accordance 13.3.2 on Catalina 10.15.7.  At this point, I’m still trying to figure out what causes the crashes.  I’ve been studying all day with no problem but in the last half hour it’s crashed a dozen times.  I can’t even configure my workspace to where I left off before it crashes.  It has nothing to do with time; if I don’t do anything, it doesn’t crash.  I found I can bring up other workspaces and they work fine, but my default workspace seems to be corrupted.

Something to do with automatic saves?  No problem on other workspaces, but when I don't select the option to store my last session, I can't open my default workspace.  I can click on any of the others and they load, but when I click on my default workspace, it does nothing.  When I do select the option to restore the last session, I can look at the screen, I can edit my notes, I can search in one of my tabs, but when I switch to a different tab and try to search there, it triggers an odd delayed response that will crash Accordance within a minute.

I have no quick solution, but I would save the workspace to send it to the developers like @Silas Marrs. So he can find the issues and fix it. I have forgotten, be he knows where to export the crash datas. This would help him too.

I've  previously had this issue.  As a precaution, I would back up your workspaces files and them clear the autosave sessions ... file/open autosave session.  You may have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list and then clear clear autosave sessions.  I hope this helps.  Restart Accordance.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Workspaces can become corrupt. Even a tab inside a workspace can become corrupt. Since it only appears to be happening in this one default workspace, there is a good chance that it has become corrupted. You might want to take a screen shot of it and then rebuild it (using the screen shot as a guide) in a new workspace. Then delete the old corrupt one and you can rename the new one the same name as the previous one that was deleted. This is a pretty common way to correct issues like this.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies.  I was able to narrow it down to a problem with one tab, but just to be sure, I ended up rebuilding the whole workspace as Billy advised.  Everything has been working without issues since then.  I also sent the old workspace to Silas as Fabian advised.  Thanks!

• Like 3