If I jump in with Accordance Basic and the BDAG + HALOT package, where will I run into limitations?

jedoran

I'm new to bible software, and I'm currently working with the tools on biblehub.com and a hard copy of BDAG for independent study. 

Do the BDAG and HALOT modules have full entries from the print editions? I was warned that they are often truncated, usually at the expense of the contemporary sources in BDAG, which is exactly what I'm interested in (Middle Platonists, Philo, etc.)

They have full entries matching the print editions. These aren’t truncated at all. 

• Like 1

When you say accordance basic, do you mean the starter?  I think you will miss having full original language texts if you go for that package as that only includes limited samples. And the full original language texts will help you do everything in one place. It so depends on what actual originals you need.  I would look at the starter hebrew as you get full texts but possibly not the best greek so possibly starter greek but then no full hebrew text so if you can start with the greek and hebrew learner package or get the hebrew starter and think about upgrading later, possibly when the packages are on sale.

https://accordancebible.com/Collections-Comparison/

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2