BDAG

klein

Hi to all,

When I look up an entry in my Greek dictionary BDAG, its meaning is printed in bold in the paper version. When I look up the same entry in the Accoradance version, it is sometimes bold, but very often not. Why is that and can that also be changed in a next update? I find this very inconvenient.

Hartelijke groeten Jan

• Like 1

The software version should certainly match the formatting of the print edition. Can you give me an example of an entry that's bold in print, but not in the Accordance version? 

Here's the entries in my actual paper copy — it's bold and italic because these are glosses and not definitions per se.1315052366_ScreenShot2022-02-12at11_06_14AM.png.0475da71b3fe7421b470c2a98897c987.png

Here's what the entry looks like on my Windows system. Just like the print copy, there are bold italics.

image.png.3ab13cc43dc6555d5f62237886c3ee71.png

Actually my Mac is the same as the print copy too.

I think this has to do with your font settings on iOS, @klein. Perhaps the font you have chosen doesn't have an italic/bold? Or those aren't installed on your device?

487998637_ScreenShot2022-02-12at11_33_11AM.thumb.jpg.0743f46d0f55ca791c5a4af4f1022a13.jpg

Wow, your versions are much nicer than mine.
The screenshots are from my MBP.
What's wrong with my version/settings???

Hi @klein,

I think the first thing I would do is on the Accordance app check for content updates. There seems to be something going on with your specific copy of BDAG.

The other thing I am noticing is that your BDAG font actually looks different. I find this sort of confusing since I am not sure how to change the font of a module even if I wanted to, but it looks like the specific font you are using does not support bold or something.

If there are no updates available I think I would probably delete BDAG and re-download it from the Accordance site, but maybe @Tech Support has another thought.

Kristin

Check what font you have set for tools. Set it to default and see if that fixes it. 

Kristin, Brian and all the others, thank you very much. It was the fontsetting.

I used the gear menu at the right to change it in the right (custom) font.

Again, many thanks! 

Schermafbeelding 2022-02-13 om 09.15.45.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-02-13 om 09.16.44.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-02-13 om 09.17.01.png

• Like 3