Commentaries list under "Dictionaries

Spink

Hello,

I recently noticed that all my commentaries are list under 'dictionaries" on my iPhone and iPad. Libriary - Tools - Dictionaries

I thought (maybe I am wrong) that this is a recent change? Maybe updated app caused this? I started using Mobile sync tool to sync my MacBook Pro OS X Accordance with my iPad iOS Accordance for highlightins and notes on make on commentarie

s. 

IMG_7311.png

You know you can move them. Assuming you want to move them to commentaries, first make sure you have a commentaries folder in your library. If not, in your library click edit, then from actions you can create the folder.

At the top of dictionaries you have an edit, when you click that all the items will have bars beside them on the right so you can drag them up and down. But they also have circles on the left. Click in the circles and move will become active. Select all the ones you want to move and then move to commentaries or wherever. I have two folders, one for sets and one for the individual volumes that have been replaced or bought though its not set in stone.

AD5E1468-F7A5-416F-B035-ADB7812CC2C2.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Is this happening on your computer too? If you are using syncing directly from the computer (not via Dropbox), then your mobile library structure should mirror the library structure on the computer. In that case, fix the structure on the computer first. There’s a button in settings to re-sort all resources by category. Then sync again and it should be better. 

Thanks! 

I will check these things. I also plan to switch to DropBox sync. I think.  

Thanks! 

Was able to manually move commentaries to new folder. Also moved commentaries into the commentaries folder on my laptop. 

DropBox sync is working perfect for my two iOS devices. However, it my MacBook Pro it says nothing to sync. There is clearly a file there and gave it permission. May be my OS X. I running 10.5.7. I think there is two new versions. Will troubleshoot. 

Thanks! 

Was able to manually move commentaries to new folder. Also moved commentaries into the commentaries folder on my laptop. 

DropBox sync is working perfect for my two iOS devices. However, it my MacBook Pro it says nothing to sync. There is clearly a file there and gave it permission. May be my OS X. I running 10.5.7. I think there is two new versions. Will troubleshoot. 

UPDATE: I think DropBox sync corrupted my whole Accordance on my MacBook Pro - removed all my downloads and cannot re-download items now. May need to completely reinstall. Disappointing. 

The good news is that Accordance is working on an internal syncing feature for version 14. The bad news is that we don't know when 14 will be available ...

48 minutes ago, Tim Hall said:

The bad news is that we don't know when 14 will be available ...

Patience is a virtue

;o) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spink said:

Just for clarification, "nothing to sync" will display if everything is up to date. I sometimes don't remember if I've synced up and run it, and that message will appear. It doesn't necessarily mean Accordance couldn't find a file.