New Macbook pros what harddrive sizes are you buying?

jademps

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but of those who are buying the new Macbook pro m1 chips what size hardrives are you purchasing for use with accordance?  It sees that 256 and 512 are so small that you would run out of space. Also are the mayority  pf you purchasing 16gb of memory and are you satisfied with that amount? Just trying to get a feel since I would like to buy a new macbook pro but not sure of the hd sizes.  Of a normal windows laptop 1 gigabyte NVME drive is quite the norm.

Looking forward to the feedback.

James

Moved this to the "Mainly Macintosh" section of the forums.

Accordance doesnt take much space. I have a reasonable library and its still only about 15gig.

I fill my drive with music and photos so have several 4 tb wd passports for backups and offloading images etc. My feelings are i needed 1 tb so have plenty of size for programs etc and upgraded my mbp to that but 512 is a reasonable starting point as it gives you time. 

For hard drive size... look at your current computer and see how much free space you have. If it's less than 25%, I'd size up for the next computer purchase. 

For RAM, 16gb should be sufficient for most people, but it could be worth upgrading to 32 if you plan to hold onto the computer for a long time. 

These guidelines are based on my needs for a variety of things other than Accordance. If you're only using this computer for Accordance, honestly you could get away with the entry level MacBook Air. Accordance is pretty efficient and does not need top of the line hardware.

• 7 months later...

So far I’ve been using 1TB drives for desktops or notebooks. Accordance, Logos, the rest of my apps, and files all fit on there. Now that I can selectively store some iCloud files on my drive and keep some in iCloud, that helps.

So far, I haven’t run out of space.