Apple Mobile device users

ukfraser

Hi, this is nothing to do with the accordance app but i am looking for a view from other iphone and ipad users. I have an app which uses bluetooth which is pretty unstable. Contacting support, their mantra is:

'We always recommend that users/clients reboot their mobile devices once a day or at least once every other day to ensure the mobile device is in the most refreshed stable state.'

My other bluetooth apps dont appear unstable and i am not aware of other friends and family fully rebooting their mobile devices daily, most i know just plug in to recharge but having retired i dont have access to my usual techie work contacts so i thought i would reach out to this forum as i know there are lots of apple users and wondered if many of you reboot daily or are like me and just recharge daily and reboot perhaps once a month or even less frequently. 

thanks. 

Edited by ukfraser

I reboot my mobile devices maybe once a month or two, tops — maybe even substantially less?  I can't remember the last time I did it....  Computers might get rebooted a little more often.... Uptime since last reboot on my two computers is 26 and 35 days...

I rarely reboot an iOS device, though in the past month or so I have noticed glitches that were cleared by a reboot—two times.

Reboot any computer or mobile device occasionally, but none of them should required daily reboots in 2022. We used to have to do that years ago with our computers (Windows AND Mac) to keep them running smoothly but no more. 

Thanks all for confirming what i thought!

;o) 

• 7 months later...

I only reboot after an update (since it automatically reboots), if a major issue occurs that needs a reboot to fix it, of if I make a major network change (I just installed a new Wi-Fi AP). Other than that, I keep them running.