2022.01.26 (Wed), 12 Eastern--> Translation Notes: Mark 2:13-22

Abram K-J

Description: Join Abram K-J as he continues to guide users through the Greek of Mark. Starting with chapter 2, we've picked up the pace to cover more verses in each hour. This will mean less detail per verse, but Abram will still highlight salient features of the Greek and leave time for questions. The language-based insights in this Webinar can be a precursor to teaching, preaching, leading a Bible study, and/or personal edification. The focus of this particular session is more on the Greek text and translation per se than on Accordance features, although we will be using Accordance for the whole hour.

Notes attached.

Translation Notes Mk 2.13-22 AKJ.pdf

• Like 2

In the session today @Kristinasked where to find documentation that explains the color coding of the GNT diagrams tool. There is a thread here that (toward the end) talks about how to read the diagrams in general, but how to find out about what the colors represent in the Accordance tool?

CC: @Mark Allison, @Rex Koivisto 

I was surprised I couldn't find this--it's not on the product page, not in any of the Read Mes, and not in my own PDFs. Maybe I'm just missing something.

• Like 1

Ah, I read that thread too quickly. The answer is there, in Rick and then Helen's post. 

See:  

This Article - (Click on title to go to it) states that answer is underneath the diagram itself.  And then pastes in a diagram seen below: 831128856_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-09um00_4

So it appears legendary is the module where one can build their own diagrams, and not in the alreadyGreek diagram module.  But then may be I missed it if it is there also.

Edited by bdollahite
  • Like 1

Yes, the Greek Diagrams module uses the same color coding as the Diagram Tool in Accordance. I'll try to make mention of that somewhere in the help documentation.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 1.57.26 PM.png

• Like 1

That would be great--thanks, Mark! It would be nice to have it in the Read Me section of the Help menu, if possible. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the link, @Abram K-J. Thank you also for my old post, @bdollahite. :) I knew I had previously known how to do it and keep forgetting since I don't find it intuitive, and even now I can't replicate that picture.

@Mark Allison, while writing this you just responded and could you clarify the two diagrams above? The first one without the key is what I can open, and there is no indication of the colors, while the second on the right with the key I don't know how to open.

Thank you for your help,

Kristin

Kristin,

The one with the key is accessible by highlighting any section of the GNT and (from the menu bar) selecting Amplify—>Language—>Diagram.

The one without the diagram is an add-on module that is available here: https://accordancebible.com/product/greek-diagrams-not-for-mobile/

Edited by Mark Allison