Appendix in Josephus

Erhard

Is there a reason why the Accordance version of Josephus does not have the appendix as the hard copy and the other program have? it appears to be the same 1987 version that is used in both programs.

JOSEPHUS ENGLISH

The Works of Flavius Josephus (JOSEPH)

The Works of Flavius Josephus, Complete and Unabridged.  New Updated Edition, translated by William Whiston, A.M.
Copyright © 1987 by Hendrickson Publishers, Inc.,  Peabody, Massachusetts.  All rights reserved.  Used by permission.

Electronic text hypertexted and prepared by OakTree Software, Inc.

Version 1.9
 My hard copy is a 1982 version, but it also has the appendix

• Like 1

I assume you're referring to this, which is in my print copy (although mine is from Kregel). If so, I assume it just wasn't in the files we got from Hendrickson at the time. We can see about checking back to see if something more is available now.

IMG_6558.JPG

Hi Rick

Yes, that is the section that is missing in the Accordance version even though they both are supposed to be the same version from Hendrickson

image.thumb.png.02f8b2370ee55d2101c459915feea50a.png

Gotcha. We'll look into seeing if we can get it (I would guess that we can). 

Perhaps the complication is that Josephus is an Accordance Text: would the appendix become additional books of Josephus? A separate Tool might be the best place to put it.

That is an interesting point. I hope that Rick was right that Accordance 14 is going to have the chapter and verse selector so that it will be easier to navigate, then it might show up. What is interesting too is that "Against Apion" in its subsection also has "AN EXTRACT OUT OF JOSEPHUS’ DISCOURSE TO THE GREEKS CONCERNING HADES", so I would expect that it would just follow the text of Book 2 as the next main section is the Appendix. Maybe this should be a tool rather than a text and have the table of contents available.