Accordance Forums Access

Sunil Taylor

I see that you can access/view Accordance Forums without login in. Please fix this.

It should only be accessible to people who have account or valid access. 

• Like 3

Why? You need an account to post in the forums, but I don’t see any harm in allowing people to read them freely. 

• Like 1

Sunil, I got your direct message to me about this issue, too. 

It may be possible to lock down the forums more, but we get LOTS of people visiting the site looking for a specific answer to a question. They either don't want to log in for whatever reason or don't know how. We get lots of hits to the forums where people use a search engine to ask something like, "How do you do ____ in Accordance?" The forums are just a tremendous and quick resource for many more users than actually ever post here. The truth is only a small percentage of our users ever log in to the forums and post a question.

Having the forums open and public keeps our Tech Support staff from being overwhelmed or support questions sent to our social media venues (which is not meant for support) as often. 

No one outside of an administrator on the board can see your personal email address. Anyone uncomfortable with giving out too much information should limit what appears in his or her profile. We do allow pseudonymous user names, which can be changed if needed.

• Like 1