note merging question

Kristin

I just wanted to check here before I do something catastrophic by accident.

I know I can merge notes. Is it safe to merge notes which are addressing completely different texts? For example, I have some notes on a text of Ignatius and some notes on the biblical text, and Josephus. So if I merge these notes, will the program be fine with that, or will it panic and eat some of my notes?

Thank you for any clarity anyone can provide,

Kristin

Make backup copies of your notes before you do anything. That way you can always restore them regardless of what happens. 

• Like 1

Hi @JonathanHuber,

Thanks, and that is for sure true how important that is. I make backups regularly and for sure before I do something I am nervous about. I don't really want to even experiment though before I hear from support since I am not even sure the program is designed for this.

I know that notes can cover multiple texts. For example, I have notes in the Ugaritic text and biblical texts in the same note file, and that works fine. But I am nervous about "merging" since I don't know if that would be an issue with it needing to find different text where the notes are set. Especially since it concerns multiple texts.

Kristin

Yes, you should be fine. I have mixed references. As Jonathan said, make certain you have backups just in case. 

image.png

• Like 1