Amplify to Zone - not Tab

mortenjensen

Hi,

It used to be so that amplify or look-up with command-click would open the dictionary or commentary in a new zone next to the text, you are working on. Now it does that occasionally - and occasionally in a new tab so that you no longer see the text, you are working on. Is there a feature to force acc always to amplify to a zone only?

Thanks

Morten

Anyone experiencing the same behaviour with seemingly random shifts between cmd-click to zone or new tab?

It still works consistently for me.  You could try opening in safe mode and rebuild tools setting.  You may have picked up a little bug.

• Like 1

Thanks, Paul,

Unfortunately that did not do the trick for me. The behaviour still is:

- command/option-click: new tab rather than new zone. 

- shift-click: new parallel pane (as it should)

- alt-click: floating window. 

Any other suggestions?

Morten

Morten, can I just clarify, are you cmd-clicking the library or the info-pane?   And I’m just wondering if you can recall changing any of the default keyboard shortcuts under apple system preferences.  You could could go to system prefs / keyboard / shortcuts and restore defaults.  I’m not hopeful, but it might worth a try as apple defaults always supersede 3rd party apps.   Failing that, I can only suggest you give Accordance Tech a call.  But just to reiterate all my modifier keys (commands) are working as expected. 

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Tried that as well now, still the same. It is always the info pane, I am clicking (the thumbnails). 

It is really weird:

- when I cmd-click in one workspace, it opens up as a new tab. 

- when I do the exact same in another, it opens up the ressource in a new zone. 

So different behaviour seems tied to a workspace of mine - though I did not change this one.

Morten