Accordance Study Bible: Using Accordance for Notetaking, Highlighting, and Research - Tuesday 11 January 2022 7pm ET

mgvh

Accordance Webinar 2021.01.11
Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman  ScrollandScreen.com

My students have frequently asked me to spend more time showing them how to use Accordance like a hardcopy study Bible and how to use Accordance in regular practice with sermons, Bible studies, and presentations.

In this session, we will look at the ways that Accordance can function like that old study Bible you had that was all marked up with notes and highlights. In addition, we will see how to set up workspaces to accomplish specific types of research tasks and use various kinds of linking to expand our exegetical work.

This session will include references to Hebrew and/or Greek, but it really is focused on using Accordance tools and is intended for anyone including beginners with Accordance.

Attached is the handout for the session (DOCX and PDF)

We will review highlighting, and attached is a ToggleOffHhilghts file. (Needs to be installed in ... Accordance Files\Highlights subdirectory)

Accordance Webinar Accordance Study Bible.docx Accordance Webinar Accordance Study Bible.pdf ToggleOffHighlights.hlt

• Thanks 1

I'm including some User Tool files that come from the Accordance Exchange: http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/tools.htm
o    Revised Common Lectionary ABC
I have unzipped them here.

Download and double-click to install them in Accordance.

I've also attached as an example a Paper I've composed with my listing of the Parables and Similes of Jesus. Download and double-click to install in Accordance.

RCL Year C.acc7 RCL Year A.acc7 RCL Year B.acc7 Parables and Similes of Jesus-3.apaper

Mark,

Do you know of a modified version of the RCL which includes the slight modifications of the ELCA Lectionary?

15 hours ago, wbryant said:

Mark,

Do you know of a modified version of the RCL which includes the slight modifications of the ELCA Lectionary?

Hi, @wbryant! I guess I am not even familiar with what modifications were made. I just took the one from the Accordance Exchange.

That said... since it is a User Tool, the files are editable. Just open the RCL file, right click > Edit User Tool.

Is there a list somewhere of the modifications?