Accordance Lite installation

Sean Evans

Downloaded the Accordance 13 installer and opted to install the Lite package to sample the program. I did not get all of the components listed on the Accordance Lite components list. Which lists several English bibles, Hebrew and Greek Strong's Dictionaries and several other study helps. What it installed was a Legacy Standard Bible, with an Abbott-Smith Manual Greek Lexicon, an Abridged BDB Hebrew Lexicon, and a handful of various Scripture paralells. This a just a little disappointing. I've never heard of the Legacy Standard Bible, and was really looking forward to sampling the tools actually listed on the Accordance Lite components list. Which are:

Accordance PhotoGuide Sampler
Accordance Atlas Sampler
Accordance Timeline Sampler
Douay-Rheims Bible
ESV with Strong's (Free)
King James Version Apocrypha
King James Version with Strong’s
WEB    World English Bible
Easton’s Bible Dictionary
Bible Names Dictionary
BiblicalTraining.org Collection
Classic Bible Passages
Dr. J’s Bible Study Methods
Nave's Topical Bible
Outlines of the Bible Books
Parables and Miracles
Chronological Readings
Devotional Readings
Getting Started with Accordance
Harmony Parallel (not for Mobile)
Old Testament in New Testament Parallel (not for Mobile)
Old Testament Parallel (not for Mobile)
Demo of Greek NT (fully tagged Matthew 1-3)
Strong's Greek Dictionary
Demo of Hebrew Bible (fully tagged Genesis 1-3)
Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
ESVi Notes
WEB Notes

Is there any way to go about getting the free Accordance Lite package that is actually advertised?

Hi sean, can you confirm you download your copy lite from the accordance site?

https://accordancebible.com/accordance-lite/

(the legacy standard bible is a new translation that the publishers have made free to download which also runs with a copy of accordance. Personally I hadn't realised they included abridged bdb and that is worth keeping!)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Could be an issue with your download or easy install. It might be helpful to chat with sales in the morning. Also the LSB is the Legacy Standard Bible. It is basically the NAS95 tweeked (they use Yahweh for YHWH in the OT and dulos is always translated with 'slave'). Currently it is the NT, Psalms, & Proverbs in Accordance but the publisher has completed the whole Bible and it should be available in Accordance sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukfraser said:

Hi sean, can you confirm you download your copy lite from the accordance site?

https://accordancebible.com/accordance-lite/

(the legacy standard bible is a new translation that the publishers have made free to download which also runs with a copy of accordance. Personally I hadn't realised they included abridged bdb and that is worth keeping!)

Yes, that is exactly the page I followed the link on to get the installer. But when I run the installer and choose the Accordance Lite option, it only gives me the option to install the LSB study bundle. None of the resources listed on the Accordance Lite page (King James Bible with Strong's, ESV with Strong's, Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries, etc.) show up as an option in the installer. Here is what actually got installed when I ran the installer and chose the Accordance Lite:

Legacy Standard Bible

Legacy Standard Bible with Strong's

Legacy Standard Bible Notes

Abbott-Smith Manual Greek Lexicon

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon (Abridged)

NT Epistle Paralells

Gospel Paralells

Gospel Harmony

OT Paralells

OT Quotations in the NT

Synoptic Paralells

A very limited set of resources compared to what the Accordance Lite page shows as coming with the Lite package.

Hello @Sean Evans 

The Legacy Standard Bible comes with the full Accordance 13, but with limited resources.

The Accordance Lite comes with more resources, but with a limited Accordance. 

Do both in your cart to get both. To get the Accordance full 13 with the resources of the lite.

To be more complex. Even the Accordance for Mobile has some other resources. Take this too. 

For example: Kohlenberger and Mounce 

To be more complex II. 

On the https://accordancefiles1.com/exchange/ you'll find some free resources too.

To be more complex III.

Some resources are posted on the forums.

To be more complex IV.

Here are other resorces

https://www.lsvbible.com/p/get-lsv.html

http://amarel.com

Edited by Fabian

2 hours ago, Sean Evans said:

Yes, that is exactly the page I followed the link on to get the installer. But when I run the installer and choose the Accordance Lite option, it only gives me the option to install the LSB study bundle. 

Looks like an error,  technical support are very good and will see this and sort it.