Verse mapping problems in Sirach 24

jlm

In the following screenshot, Sir. 24:3, which does not exist in the Greek text, is mapped to various wildly wrong verses in other versions, some of which have a corresponding Sir. 24:3, and some of which do not:

1056842997_Screenshot2021-12-31at18_32_53.thumb.jpg.d23e81cd87845005932792c7eacd373b.jpg

The NABRE should be showing "--", since it doesn't have this verse, but instead, it shows Sir. 39:0. The other three should all be showing Sir. 24:3 as the parallel to 24:3, because they're all based on Latin text, which is longer than the received Greek. Instead, DOUAY is showing Sir. 51:29, and the two Vulgate modules are showing 51:28. Also 24:4 of the Nova Vulgata is not in the received Greek text, and it is being mapped to the same wrong verses as 24:3.

There are other modules that correctly show -- for 24:3 and 24:4, like the NJB. On the other hand, PESHOT-T likes to map these verses to Sir. 3:27. There's a widespread verse mapping problem, and the messages I've sent to the corrections e-mail address haven't led to a fix. So I'm trying here. Though I report this among Mac bugs, I've also seen the same problem on iOS.

• 1 year later...

This still doesn't work. I'm now running Accordance 14.0.6 on macOS 13.4, with all available content updates installed. I turned off section headings to make it clearer how the NABRE lines up.

Screenshot2023-06-20at9_04_07AM.thumb.jpg.45d92eee2dffa02d24d423fe8fac24ad.jpg

Sending in an error correction report from the Accordance app is the best way to get this issue resolved. 

13 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Sending in an error correction report from the Accordance app is the best way to get this issue resolved. 

That was the first thing I tried. For example, searching my mail, I find a February 13, 2020 correction report about verse mapping problems in Sirach 25 VULGATE, and I think I made other reports before that. On April 22, 2021, I reported that the DOUAY Judith 3 didn't map properly to VULGATE, which I'd think would be an easy mapping to get right. Both of these problems still exist. Since I was getting nowhere with corrections reports, I decided to try the forum.

But I'll try corrections again.

Edited by jlm
  • Like 1

I'll look into it as well.