Notes Input: No Flowed Text

Jeff Arnold

I'm trying to use Accordance 13.3.2 on a Windows tablet - a Microsoft Surface Go 3, to be specific, running Windows 11 Pro 21H2, build 22000.376.0 (not beta).  However, the issue I'm reporting below doesn't appear to be tied to specific hardware nor to Windows 11, as I see the same behavior on an old Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 Pro.

So here's the deal:  I'm trying to use the tablet as, well, a tablet - which means with no physical keyboard, but rather, with a pen or finger to onscreen keyboard.  Unfortunately, the Accordance note editor window doesn't accept flowed text input; instead, I have to tap on every... single... letter...  Some Google searching strongly suggests that this is probably because Windows is detecting the input field as a password field.  Regardless, for my use case, this renders Accordance largely unusable.

Edited by Jeff Arnold

Jeff, educate me a bit. What do you mean by "flowed text"? Back when I last had a Surface tablet, I was able to use pen input to write in fields, notes, etc.

If you Google for terms like "Swype" and/or "SwiftKey", you'll see what I mean. 

Microsoft's onscreen keyboard offers the same functionality in Win 10 and 11 (and maybe earlier, like Win 8), and I can actually "swipe" nearly as fast I can type (with a mechanical keyboard).  Tapping on letters on the onscreen keyboard slows me to about 20 words per minutes on top of non-trivial effort.

Okay, I'm familiar with that. I assume at present it's not supported but I don't have a Surface at the moment to test it. 

Well, to be clear, we're talking about window type and basic Windows functionality.  I believe this really is a bug report, not a feature request.