Accord 13 turned Accordance into a disaster; Also 12 was affected

Enoch

Now when I try to access updates, I get the message "Internet Connection not found," even while I am simultaneously logged into AccordanceBible.com & am certainly connected to the internet. 

With Acc 12 I get popups about how something requires Acc 13 when it does not. I am effectively blocked over & over.  With 13 I try to get the info pane, & up pops

"Accordance was unable to validate this module online.  Please enter the unlocking code for the module NICNT2-3" ;

next the Beach Ball displays & Accordance crashes, over & over again.  Why cannot Accordance fix this mess?  I think all should have to do is to download a corrected version of 12 & 13.  With 13 upgrade app says I have the latest version of Acc 13, even tho the other upgrade items yield "Internet connection not found."

I suppose I will have to kill half a day now & contact Tech Support by phone. Then they will want me to turn over my computer to them.   (But I have more than 1 computer with Accordance, as I have a computer upstairs & downstairs & both Windows & Mac, though it is just the one me using Accordance.  Last time I let Accordance tech take over my computer remotely (which I hate to do), my computer was infected with the supplied "Take Over App" which did not go away until after I spent considerable time trying to get it out of my computer.  I think I have invested $10,000 or so in Accordance now. This problem has gone on a long time.  Please do something about it.

BTW, can I install my old disk based Accordance 8 with its accessory disks?  & use it on a new computer with a new operating system?  I never used to have any problems like this. 

Enoch, I apologize for your difficulties. I'm not certain what's causing this, but I'm confident that our @Tech Support team will be able to help you. Unfortunately, they're probably all off today for Christmas and won't be back until Monday. 

As for Accordance 8, it would be according to what version of macOS you're running. It definitely wouldn't work on more recents macOS releases.

• Like 1

What is the newest Mac OS that Accordance 8 works with.  This nightmare with Accordance 13 has gone on now since October.  I don't know why Accordance hasn't made a fixed version of Accordance 13 which would solve all these problems.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, Enoch said:

What is the newest Mac OS that Accordance 8 works with.

I really wouldn't know this. We don't track versions that old.

Enoch, have you tried working with @Tech Support? None of the issues you describe should be happening. I really do believe they could help you sort all this out quickly. You can contact them at (407) 339-0266, techsupport@accordancebible.com or online chat during business hours.

• Like 1

Enoch,

As far as, "Internet Connection not found," what is your MacOS?

As for the NICNT2-3, you can just remove it from your Library since you have the latest version of the NICNT. 

Good to know older versions worked well.  I just bought Accordance this month and its been a disaster.  I've lost track of how many times I've un-installed and re-installed trying to get it to run, then run without crashing.  Eventually tech support admitted that the windows version has issues, then a little later that Accordance doesn't run well on Win8.1.  I'm seriously considering returning it for a refund.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:35 PM, Tech Support said:

Enoch,

As far as, "Internet Connection not found," what is your MacOS?

As for the NICNT2-3, you can just remove it from your Library since you have the latest version of the NICNT. 

I have been using Yosemite 10.10.5.

I still get "internet connection not found" when I try easy install & content upgrade. You think this is a problem with Yosemite?  App update does not give that response, but just says my version 13.3.2 is the latest version.  The only thing I know of 13 which should have been an advantage for me was implimentaion of search screen with control F.  Now I wish I had 12 again, working well as it did before I "upgraded" to 13.  I don't know how, but it seems to me that upgrading to 13 also put a disease on 12.

On 12/29/2021 at 1:19 PM, BelovedRoses said:

Good to know older versions worked well.  I just bought Accordance this month and its been a disaster.  I've lost track of how many times I've un-installed and re-installed trying to get it to run, then run without crashing.  Eventually tech support admitted that the windows version has issues, then a little later that Accordance doesn't run well on Win8.1.  I'm seriously considering returning it for a refund.

So Roses, everything is not coming up roses!  Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. The only way I could get Accordance 13 to install on my Windows 10 machine was to go in to the old DOS command prompt; delete old Accordance files and create a new folder which I named like ACC13.  Then some support person here told me I should not have done that. But at least I have some Accordance 13 on my Windows 10 machine now. Otherwise I had none.  I was able to do this because I had learned things about Command prompt back in the days of DOS.  Now with a Mac, I am quite fearful of using Terminal, as I have never studied it.

• 2 weeks later...

As I kept having more & more problems running Yosemite & less & less things working with it, I upgraded to Mojave, which also (without my permission) changed my Drive format to APFS.  Now everything is running much faster.  And Accordance seems to now work. My troubles with 12 & 13 both seem cured. Now upgrade content works. So methinks Accordance needs to warn persons about what Mac OS it now works with.  Accordance 12 had been working fine on Yosemite, but after I "upgraded" to 13, Accordance became a nightmare.  But I think now the nightmare is over.  And the solution was not found by a session with tech support, but by an upgrade to Mojave. 

On 12/29/2021 at 1:19 PM, BelovedRoses said:

You may have the same problem I had with Yosemite.  I did not want to get a newer Mac OS because of keyboard functions which only worked through Yosemite.  Maybe like me, you will simply have to "upgrade" your Windows OS.  Apparently Accordance did not realize that when it went to 13, it would no longer work well with Yosemite.  I wanted Acc 13 because it implemented search with Command F for the first time.  IMHO, it is a bummer how you get forced to buy new computers & get new OS after what seems to me to be so short a time!  Is it planned obsolescence?   I read how when 3G changes to 5G, some automobile functions will no longer work!  Now when will Accordance put out a version that works with DOS 3.3 ?

I haven't been forced to upgrade Accordance in a decade. I am running Accord 9.6.8 with old modules** GNT, LXX and HMT on both iMac 2011 High Sierra and MBP 2015 Mojave. I have fewer crashes with Accordance than I do with Apple Mail. I noticed some of the grammar tags in Apostolic Father's ceased working. Otherwise my old stuff still works. Obviously when you move to Apple's new processor you will need to find a solution for that change.

**old text modules:

Greek New Testament (Nestle-Aland, 27th Edition, second printing) The Greek New Testament, edited by Kurt Aland, Matthew Black, Carlo M. Martini, Bruce M. Metzger, and Allen Wikgren, Fourth Revised Edition. Copyright © 1966, 1968, 1975 by United Bible Societies, 1983, 1994 by the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart. Used by permission. Copyright © 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001.  The GRAMCORD Institute. All rights reserved. Version 3.6    

Hebrew Masoretic Text Groves-Wheeler Westminster Hebrew Morphology (Release 3.5) ©1991, 1994,1999, 2001 Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania  USA. All rights reserved. Text used by permission of the United Bible Society, based on the Michigan-Claremont-Westminster machine-readable text.  All rights reserved. Version 3.1   

Greek Septuagint Kraft/Taylor/Wheeler Septuagint Morphology Database v. 4.5 Copyright © 2010, Bernard A. Taylor and Dale M. Wheeler. All rights reserved. Septuaginta, edited by Alfred Rahlfs Editio altera by Robert Hanhart ©2006 Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart. See the file “LXX-Read me first” for more details. Version 4.5    

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew