New / Updated NRSV

Mike Wernick

An updated edition of the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible is to be published in May 2022. It's the result of a commission of the Society of Biblical Literature by the National Council of Churches, which publishes the NRSV. I'd like that to be made available as a text — preferably as a free upgrade for those who already have "NRSV with Strongs."

• Like 2

I picked up the Kindle version last night. I'm sure we will get it but we don't know a time frame yet, whether Strong's tagging will be available or not, or whether there will be any kind of paid or free upgrade path. Friendship Press seems to be handling all the initial distribution, but I don't know if they're the ones with authorization for licensing to us. The front matter of the Kindle version still lists the National Council of Churches as the copyright holder.

IMG_A38A13BBD91B-1.jpeg

I don't use the NRSV much, but I am looking forward to this update!!

• 4 weeks later...

I asked by email if this new updated edition would be available on Accordance, and the response suggested posting on the forums to gage interest! And here is a post already made... I'd love to see this new version of the NRSV (which I do use most often in my study)! Naturally, Friendship Press would like me to get their app and then this new version in that app, but I'd rather buy it and use it within Accordance, so it's available on my Mac as well as my iOS devices, side by side with other translations...

Please let Accordance know if you also are interested in getting this updated edition for Accordance!

https://religionnews.com/2021/11/17/new-revised-standard-version-bible-updated-with-consideration-for-modern-sensibilities/

• Like 2

Yes, this is a no-brainer. I've submitted a licensing request to the folks at Friendship Press and I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear back from them. 

• Like 6

I picked up the Kindle version of the NRSVue, and just a few minutes trying to navigate it reminded me why I like Bibles in Accordance so much 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3