incomplete citation references

Erhard

There are a number of resources that the reference is incomplete. See attached screenshot. All were copied as citations (Turabian Footnote). Some have all the information, others are missing things like the publisher, city, date. Josephus did not even get down into the footnote section all it did was put this in the text (Antiq. 18:22 JOSEPH). I suspect that there are other resources that have the same issue considering how many of these have an issue. Additionally, some of the titles are abbreviated.

references.png

Is Turabian with the full names in the footnotes? Are they not abbreviated in the footnotes and only in the Bibliography in full?

Hi Fabian

It makes no difference. Note in this example, I copied as a footnote first and then as a Bibliography. Also, in the screenshot that I posted, you can see that it copied different information for different resources.

In the body of the text, the footnote option inserts the selected text. The Bibliographic reference only inserts a footnote number.  In the footer, they both display the same.

A descendant of Levi [1]

[2]

[1]Robert A. Kugler, EDEJ, s.v. “Aaron,” 293.

[2]Robert A. Kugler, EDEJ, s.v. “Aaron,” 293

When I copy in Logos, I get this for a footnote

On the day of the ceremony,[1]

[1] Tacitus, Tacitus: The Histories and The Annals: English Translation, ed. G. P. Goold, trans. Clifford H. Moore and John Jackson, vol. 2, The Loeb Classical Library (London; Cambridge, MA: William Heinemann Ltd; Harvard University Press, 1925–1937), 259.

In Logos I can also just ask for the Bibliographic information so that I can put it into the Bibliography as follows for the same resource.

Tacitus. Tacitus: The Histories and The Annals: English Translation. Edited by G. P. Goold. Translated by Clifford H. Moore and John Jackson. Vol. I–IV. The Loeb Classical Library. London; Cambridge, MA: William Heinemann Ltd; Harvard University Press, 1925–1937.

While you cannot see it in this example, Logos also puts the names in the proper order for the Footnote and the Bibliography.

I have not found a place in Accordance where you can just get the Bibliographic information and copy it into Word in the Bibliographic section.

Bib Data.png

I should also mention that the reason that I mentioned "Turabian" is that is what my preference was set to. Yes, in academic papers, a short form is used and Word will do that for you. First you need the bibliographic information though so that you can use "Manage Sources" in Word to add it there.