Appearance (dark mode) UI problem

Guntis

Hi,

When Accordance is open and system changes system-wide appearance to the Dark mode, some intereface element backgrounds don't change. For example, User notes editing window's top bar turns dark, but the bottom bar does not (but "Note" and "Add" text turns white), in User notes editing window press Cmd+L to enter link. Letters are white, but background has not changed to dark grey, hardly can see anything. The same about Sync to Dropbox window.

Screenshot 2021-12-04 at 22.06.45.png

Edited by Guntis

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the app update! Version 13.3.2. fixed aforementioned problem.

Now I have a new problem — WILLMINGTON’S OUTLINE BIBLE (v.1.2) now has too dark segments where it's really hard to discern text. Before app update it looked OK. This module also needs some fix or update.

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 22.41.01.png

Posted (edited)

Actually it seems that user highlight colors are also slightly altered in the Dark mode. About 20% less saturated than in Light mode. (Compare the same user highlight color in the last two screenshots! — word "majesty", for example.) What surprises me the most is that in the Dark mode Accordance shows text selection area regardless of user highlights. In the Light mode I can see selection only outside of user highlights. Could you work it out and make it available also in the Light mode? That would be really useful improvement.

Here I attach three screenshots:

1) I open Accordance while in the Dark mode. Even over the user highlight I can see where the text selection starts and ends.

2) The same Accordance session, just turned on Light mode. Still I can see where selection starts and where it ends.

3) Accordance opened in Light mode. Text selection visible only outside of the user highlights.

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 22.59.04.png

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 22.59.24.png

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 23.00.37.png

Edited by Guntis
Added info about highlight comparison.

• 1 month later...

When the Dark mode turns on automatically while Accordance is open, Dropbox sync menu background remains light grey. 

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 22.31.13.png

System changed Light theme to Dark theme just a moment ago while Accordance was open. Toolbar changed color, tabs didn't, and Instant Details palette became detached from the main window!

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 22.00.45.png

• 2 months later...

I also have similar issues with the dark mode auto switching and not fully adjusting all elements.

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2022 at 11:30 AM, cschfr21 said:

I also have similar issues with the dark mode auto switching and not fully adjusting all elements.

I'm still experiencing this. Looking over the thread, I don't see any replies or other acknowledgment of the issue. Is there somewhere else this has been addressed/discussed? Can someone confirm whether this issue is being looked into? Seems a pretty significant glitch, particularly for anyone using the program near dusk or early morning as it has to be quit in the dropdown menu and restarted to clear out the mismatched elements.