Hebrew word translation source

Ron Thompson

Does Accordance use the Septuagint’s Hebrew texts or the Old Testament Hebrew texts in the NASB-Strongs 1995 OT translations?

Ron, I'm not certain what you're asking. Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks Rick,

I am in a Bible Study that is studying a book by Dr. Carl Dodrill, Ph.D. titled, "Jesus Is There."  Dr. Dodrill is conducting the class. (zoom).  The theme of the book is that Jesus can be seen in the scriptures throughout the OT.  I am using Accordance Software to look up the English words, "Lord, God, Lord God," in the NASB-Strongs 1995 OT translations?  When I triple click on these words to see the original Hebrew, Accordance sometimes renders a different Hebrew word than shown in other Bible software or concordances. Dr. Dodrill says this is because some concordances obtain their translations form the Septuagint text and other concordances use the Ancient Hebrew texts. Carl says the Septuagint text is the most accurate. I need to know which texts Accordance uses, the Septuagint or the Ancient Hebrew texts.  I hope this helps clarify my original question.  Let me know. 

Shalom,

Ron

Assuming you're using the default NASB Hebrew Dictionary, these were supplied by the Lockman Foundation (the owners of the NASB), and everything is based on the Hebrew Bible and not the Septuagint.

image.png