Attempting to open "User Notes Display" preference pane results in crash.

dking4

I can see where this topic was discussed in 2014 but I couldn't find a clear solution for my situation. I have the latest version (13.3.2) as of this morning. My note files have all been upgraded to ".amynotes" format. Whenever I try to access the User notes display preference pane Accordance crashes. This seems to persist despite reboot. My hardware: M1 Mac mini, LG 5K display, 16GB of memory, 2TB SSD.

Any ideas of what to try? I don't have very many notes so I could copy/paste and reconstruct if I need to start over from scratch.

Hi @dking4,

Have you adjusted these settings in System Preferences yet? This is required in Monterey, Big Sur and Catalina so that Accordance can function normally.

Open System Preferences on macOS to 'Security & Privacy’.

On the ‘Privacy' Tab, scroll down until you see 'Full Disk Access' in the left hand column. Select Full Disk Access and then put a check next to Accordance.

You will need to do this with ‘Accessibility' also.

If Accordance is not in the box on the right side, you can add it with the + button underneath the window and then navigate to Applications > Accordance and then select ‘Open’. Now you can put in the checkmark.

You will need to open the padlock in order to make changes.

Another possibility is Accordance Safe Mode.

In order to open Accordance Safe Mode on a Mac computer press your ‘option’ key as you open Accordance. 

Please select ‘Remove startup session’, ‘Clear Library Cache’, ‘Clear Research Cache’, ‘Clear cached downloads’ and then launch Accordance.

If this doesn’t correct the issue, you can go back into Accordance Safe Mode and select ‘Remove General Settings’ and then relaunch Accordance. This will reset some of your personal preferences and you will need to put in your name and account information again, but this is normal.

If you continue to have issues with this you can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks,

Billy

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2021 at 9:32 AM, dking4 said:

I can see where this topic was discussed in 2014 but I couldn't find a clear solution for my situation. I have the latest version (13.3.2) as of this morning. My note files have all been upgraded to ".amynotes" format. Whenever I try to access the User notes display preference pane Accordance crashes. This seems to persist despite reboot. My hardware: M1 Mac mini, LG 5K display, 16GB of memory, 2TB SSD.

Any ideas of what to try? I don't have very many notes so I could copy/paste and reconstruct if I need to start over from scratch.

@dking4Did you make any headway on this? I'm experiencing the same behavior.

Hi Anthony, 

Did you follow the trouble shooting steps I posted above? We can't reproduce this here in testing. Normally one of those steps listed above should have helped. Feel free to contact us directly if you need further assistance with this.

techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks.