Syncing Problems with Dropbox on Windows

martijnv

I am trying to sync to dropbox but when it takes me to dropbox to link an account a message pops up saying I have to upgrade my browser. The same thing happens when I try to access dropbox via the Web Browser function in Accordance. The message states that it only supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. All of these are up to date (except Safari since I have Windows) and I can load the dropbox website via those web browsers. When I try to access dropbox via Internet Explorer, it opens Edge and says the website works better in Edge. It won't let me use Internet Explorer to access dropbox.

Accordance 12.3.7, Windows 10 version 21H1, Dell XPS13 9360

Screenshot (139).png

Hi,

We were sorry to hear of this difficulty.

We just checked on this from here and had no trouble syncing with Dropbox in Windows 10 using Edge.

If Internet Explorer is your default browser you will want to change it since it has been discontinued by most apps.

Internet Explorer was retired on August 17th,  2021 and is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Since Dropbox is no longer supporting Internet Explorer then you will need to change browsers if you want to use the app.

We have no control over Dropbox decisions.

For the record, we are in the process of overhauling our syncing system so that it no longer uses Dropbox. In the fairly near future Accordance will handle syncing entirely by ourselves. We have been working on this for awhile and hope to have it completed in the next few months or so. We do not know exactly how long it will take to complete this project.

If you would like, you can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com.

Thanks.

Billy,

Does the overhaul of syncing change the potential beta release of Accordance 14?

6 minutes ago, rcdeacon said:

Does the overhaul of syncing change the potential beta release of Accordance 14?

More than likely.

Bummer!

23 hours ago, Billy32792 said:

We just checked on this from here and had no trouble syncing with Dropbox in Windows 10 using Edge.

If Internet Explorer is your default browser you will want to change it since it has been discontinued by most apps.

How do I change which browser Accordance uses? I currently have Chrome as my default web browser on my laptop settings

If you are still having issues with syncing when you have Chrome as your default browser, please try switching your default browser to Edge and try the sync again.

Please contact us directly in tech support at: techsupport@accordancebible.com if you continue to have issues with this. This will be much faster for you.

Thanks.