Accordance has become a generator of drop down interruption windows which frustrate productivity

Enoch

The latest problem occurred after I bought UBS Translators' Handbooks OT.  I thought I would see what it said at the start of 1 Chronicles.  So I clicked on the info pane.  As sometimes happens, instead of listing all my commentaries on a passage, it gave me a few with the word "more" to click on. After going thru this more process about 2 times, each time getting more commentaries on screen, I clicked on the 3rd "more," but instead of showing more commentaries, I got the drop down

"Accordance was unable to validate this module on line.

Please enter the unlocking code for the module NICNT2-3."

Since I was on an OT passage I don't know why this should happen. And in all my years of using Accordance, I never got a demand for some "unlocking code".

I don't have any unlocking codes for anything.

Then when I tried to get this blocking drop-down off the screen, the beach ball appeared spinning, and then Accorance 13 crashed.

Hi,

We apologize for this inconvenience. The programmers are aware of this issue and are working on it to get it corrected.

Usually, if you can get to Easy Install and click the settings gear and 'refresh' it will connect to our servers and clear this glitch.

Please let us know if this does not work for you and you continue to have issues with this.

Thanks Billy.  I didn't realize that Easy Install (Easy? LOL) had a settings gear. I must have missed it.  Are you saying that within the settlings gear there is a "refresh it"

on the menu?  I will go & look.  Thanks

Yes. The settings gear is on the right starting in Accordance 13. There is a Refresh List selection inside.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

It still gets the absurd pop-up followed by beach ball & crash.  The settings gear refresh did no good.

We were sorry to hear that this has continued. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Since we do not actually have a module named 'NICNT2-3', I checked with management, who checked with the developer who is tending our library of modules and the developer suggested that you clear your library cache as there must be corruption there.

If you are on a Mac, press your ‘option’ key as you open Accordance in order to open Accordance Safe Mode.

If you are on a Windows PC, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the Accordance icon in order to open Accordance Safe Mode.

Please select ‘Remove startup session’, ‘Clear Library Cache’ and ‘Clear Research Cache’ and then launch Accordance.

This may help. You can also try logging out of Easy Install and then logging back in, since the 'Refresh List' did not help.

If you can possibly send a screen shot of the error message it would be very helpful.

Thanks

As an update, management and our developer have come across a possible cause concerning this error that you have received. While there is no viable module named NICNT2-3, there were some modules added for testing purposes which could be causing this issue. They are looking into this to try to find a solution on our end.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience in this matter.