Missing Bible references in search

Tom Childers

Is anyone having problems with missing Bible references while doing a search? Mark 8:18 is missing from this search as shown in the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 11.07.02 PM.jpg

Hi Tom,

I am sorry I can't be more helpful, but just fyi, I ran the search and it is coming up fine. If it is still happening on your end I think I would contact support directly as it sounds like a bug with your specific program.

Kristin

Thanks, Kristin. It is not just with searches, Bible references (chapter and verse) is missing in the display.

Tom740302858_ScreenShot2021-10-21at10_42_28PM.jpg.900afd80aaf9e51dd8b6b50610034f42.jpg

• 2 months later...

Tom, are you still having any issues with this? 

Hi Tom, just to cover the bases, can you try and clean up the fonts?

Restart Accordance holding down the ALT key (win) or the OPT key (Mac).

Then select the option "Clean up installed fonts" and press Launch Accordance.

1559576848_ScreenShot2021-12-29at19_48_34.thumb.png.1efec559a49ec9019ad497ecfd467101.png

Then try again... does that help?

P.S. What text are you using? And if it doesn't help can you post a screenshot of the text display preferences? That may help...

Thanks

Edited by Ken Simpson

I see the issue here. It's in the ESV (maybe others) and only occurs when you have the references positioned above the verse AND you're displaying the verses as "separate verses" instead of in paragraph mode, AND a verse begins with a superscript, AND you have "hide superscripts" turned on.

What's happening is the "hide superscripts" feature is also hiding the reference in this specific situation. Not sure if it's a module issue or an app issue, but we'll track it down. 

Meanwhile, if you display the references "before verse", or uncheck "hide superscripts", the references will be displayed properly

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 2

Mark, I am impressed with your detective work—that was a bunch of moving parts stacking at the same moment!

—Joseph

3 minutes ago, Solly said:

Mark, I am impressed with your detective work—that was a bunch of moving parts stacking at the same moment!

—Joseph

Yeah, that took me a little while to track down 🙂