Version 14… (Sneak Peaks?)

Paul Meiklejohn

Just now, calton said:

Rick, 

Thanks for the sneak peak!!!

Actually, here in the Accordance 14 discussion, I gave you a sneak peek. In the similar iOS discussion, I gave you a sneak peak. These distinctions are important to remember for sake of clarity.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Abram K-J said:

Don't forget about a possible Sneek Peek!

Would that be someone from the "other" Bible software programs getting a sneaky peek?

Ok Mr. Mansfield, you’ve tormented us enough, it’s time to stop procrastinating.  I think its the moment for the big reveal or little peek. 🙂 

• Like 1

I assure you, there's no procrastinating on my part (or anyone else's) 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

Mayday! Mayday! It's been months since a post about version 14 on this thread.....

Keep the dream alive! 

Edited by Dan Langston
  • Haha 3

I can say that I'm looking forward to a new internal beta in the next few days and seeing a polished version of a MAJOR NEW FEATURE.

But I can say no more than that 😏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

There he goes again!

Joseph the Teased ;)

• Haha 4

Version 14 is NOT out yet!

Maybe it's the wrong aleph. 

image.png

By the way, ☝️that counts as a sneak peek!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, R. Mansfield said:

Maybe it's the wrong aleph. 

image.png

By the way, ☝️that counts as a sneak peek!

A sneak peek... of what? Are you showing a feature where you can click on the date, modify it, and then be transported to the date you enter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Abram K-J said:

A sneak peek... of what? Are you showing a feature where you can click on the date, modify it, and then be transported to the date you enter?

Good catch. It's probably a new re-expanded interactive timeline (see https://accordancebible.com/product/accordance-timeline-expanded-edition/), but instead of “visualizing the sweep of history” we can now “participate directly in history.” 

I just hope it is supported on Accordance Mobile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abram K-J said:

1 hour ago, Michel Gilbert said:

Good catch. It's probably a new re-expanded interactive timeline (see https://accordancebible.com/product/accordance-timeline-expanded-edition/), but instead of “visualizing the sweep of history” we can now “participate directly in history.” 

Umm...no...I just meant it's a screenshot from v. 14, which is unreleased, and therefore counts as a sneak peek 👀

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

peek a boo 🙂

• Like 1

Okay, fine. Here's a sneak peek. 

image.png

Expand  

Already, from just this little sneak peak, I've already identified the first bug.  There's a bad typo.  It says "Registered to Rick Mansfield," but it's supposed to say "Registered to TYA."  Also, the date should read something like "June 2022" instead of "October 2021."  (Did I earn my role as a beta tester? :)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Abram K-J said:

Are you showing a feature where you can click on the date, modify it, and then be transported to the date you enter?

Close. You get to type in which version you want. I'm putting in 17.0. Bugs be gone! And maybe adds Dark Mode for Windows. ^_^

• Like 1

I am hoping for columns on reading mode, that would be a huge help. But I do want to say I appreciate all the work Accordance has done to make a world-class software. Accordance 13 is superb! But still looking forward to V 14! :)

• Like 2