How to Automatically Get the Reference in the Navigator Bar [Go To Box]?

Martin Z

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is an easy to get the reference in the Navigator Bar?

"Copy As Reference" gets the reference where the cursor is, not the reference in the navigator bar. it is not what I wanted.

I'm open to all possibilities, including AppleScript.

Thanks!

Edit: I should have mentioned this: I don't want to do it manually. I would like to do it automatically with a hotkey wherever my cursor was. In other words, I'd like to get the reference of the top verse in the text pane with a single hotkey press.

Edited by Martin Z

Press tab to go from the Search Entry Box to the Go To Box. Then Command-c(Mac)/Control-c(Win) to copy.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

Just now, Mark Allison said:

Press tab to go from the Search Entry Box to the Go To Box. Then Command-c(Mac)/Control-c(Win) to copy.

Hi Mark,

Thanks. I thought of this way. But it is not reliable for my needs.

I should have mentioned this: I don't want to do it manually. I would like to do it automatically with a hotkey.

If the cursor is already in the Go To Box, "Tab" will cause it to activate the Search Box.

And, I'm on Mac.

Gotcha. I'm sure you know that if you keep hitting the tab key it will cycle back and forth between the two boxes.

Other than that, there isn't a way to automate that process within Accordance, but perhaps—as you suggested—you could use an AppleScript.

3 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I'm sure you know that if you keep hitting the tab key it will cycle back and forth between the two boxes.

Yes. But by "automatically" I hope my script can know how many "tab"s it needs to simulate to focus on the "Go To Box". Otherwise, I still need to "manually" hit a number of "tab"s first (whether once or twice) before doing the copy action.

5 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

perhaps—as you suggested—you could use an AppleScript

Yes. Accordance does not provide AppleScript library. I don't know if there is any other way to do it. Any help appreciated!

• Martin Z changed the title to How to Automatically Get the Reference in the Navigator Bar [Go To Box]?