Crashing when "Validating" after updating to latest version on Mac

Rich

Very unfortunately in the middle of sermon prep...  I believe it prompted me to update, because I wouldn't have done it purposefully right now.  When it relaunched, I keep getting a crash with the "Validating" box. 

After 4 crashes in a row at the same spot, waited 10 minutes and tried again and no crash...   😐

• Like 1

Ok... it's not crashing, but I'm getting pop up boxes saying to enter codes because my modules aren't validated.  Argh.   This happened right after the update.

Rich,

Open Easy Install so that Accordance can validate the modules you have installed. If any module doesn't validate, contact our Sales team at sales@accordancebible.com so that they can check your account.

Also, if you are on Catalina or Big Sur, some things may need to be adjusted in System Preferences. Open System Preferences on macOS to 'Security & Privacy’. 

On the ‘Privacy' Tab, scroll down until you see 'Full Disk Access' in the left hand column. Select Full Disk Access and then put a check next to Accordance. 

You will need to do this with ‘Accessibility' also. 

If Accordance is not in the box on the right side, you can add it with the + button underneath the window and then navigate to Applications > Accordance and then select ‘Open’. Now you can put in the checkmark. 

You will need to open the padlock in order to make changes.

Thanks for your assistance!

I went to Easy Install but the package that it keeps asking to validate isn't on the list (BHS).  Also, I kept trying to install the things there (about 7 items) and it would download, install, and restart but they would always show up again  I tried safe mode and deleted/rebuilt everything — no go.   I ended up deleting everything in ~/Library/Application Support and in Preferences and my Accordance Files, reinstalled everything from scratch, then copied my highlights and notes back over from a backup and it appears like everything is working again (except I lost all my Accordance preferences, which is not the end of the world).  So, I think I'm back in business.  

As an aside, Accordance has full access to my Documents folder and has been like that ever since Apple started that level of disk security without issue.  I'm very hesitant to give any app full disk access unless it has a really compelling need (which doesn't seem required in a Bible app).  I've stopped using other apps and removed them that have required it unjustifiably.  So, I'm hoping this was just a debugging tip and not a change in the requirements of Accordance?   If not, I would want to know what other files it's attempting to touch outside my Documents and Library folders.