Very minor glitch (maybe?) on a Greek word search?

djmorris1984

Hello,

I am doing a search and study of all the συν prefixed nouns and verbs and adjectives in Paul, and though basically everything I think comes up in the results with the following string:

συν*<OR>συμ*<OR>συσ*<OR> συγ* <AND> [RANGE Rom-philemon] <NOT> συνήδομαι<NOT>συνειδησις <NOT> σύνεσις <NOT> συνίημι <NOT> συστοιχέω <NOT> συντριμμα <NOT> σύντριμμα<NOT> συγγενής <NOT> συντέμνω

However, only Ephesians 2:5 does not show up with the word συνεζωοποίησεν

In fact, I ran a simple search of συν* with range of Romans-Philemon, and it also does not show. It does show up when u do συ* however.  It’s the only anomaly or possible glitch I’ve found. The συν words in the next Ephesians 2:6 show up properly on the search string posted above. Also, this issue has happened on both my Mac and iPad.

Is this a glitch or error? Do I need to refine the search string? Or another fix?

Have you guys encountered any other such glitches in your searches?

Thanks,

Daniel

D76E5451-87FC-4460-A4DA-CB0D71C7EFE7.png

Edited by djmorris1984

In Ephesians 2:5 I believe the lexical form of the word is συζωοποιέω which your search string would not find. 

Scott beat me to the punch! Yes, that is indeed the problem. There's nothing in the search to specify words with simply συ. So Mark's solution is probably better than the one I suggested.

Edited by Donald Cobb

Yes!
I did not see that at all. I was indeed looking at the inflected form, and forgot to think about the lexical form. Yes, it makes perfect sense now.

Thank you both for your help and the quick answer.

Still learning a lot about Accordance, but it’s been great so far with Bible Study.

Daniel

• Like 2