Info pane customization

Dr. Dan Langston

I appreciate so much the many short and long videos, webinars and helps when reviewing Accordance features.

I'm curious if you can set the Word List section of the Info Pane   to always show key numbers so you don't have to turn it on every time.  I know you can set up a workspace but wanted to check if it's something that can be done.

I've used preferences and customize display to try to find it, but don't see it anywhere.  Thank you. 

• Like 1

Hi @Dr. Dan Langston,
I might be mistaken, but I don't think there is. I was checking both general preferences and the actual info pane preferences, but there does not seem to be anything like that. I like your idea though and agree that would be helpful. Maybe you can mention it in "Feature Request."

Take care,

Kristin

• Like 2

When there is a setup I created that requires adjusted settings, such as showing key numbers in the Word List of the Info Pane, I adjust all panes, windows, and tabs to something I wish to get back to often (and I mean every last little tweak that has no preference settings options). I then give that workspace a name, save it, and add the newly created workspace to the workspace list by choosing the workspace tool on the toolbar and clicking on the bottom choice of Add Current Workspace:"space name". I have many workspaces that do very specific things and one called Startup with my most often used preferences. 

I just tested the show key number option in the Word List by closing Accordance and selecting a newly created and saved test workspace--the key number choice sticks. You may change the text reference and the Info Pane will follow along showing the key number in the Word List.

—Joseph, fan of the custom workspace

• Like 2

Thank you! I have many workspaces too, so I just did that and set one up as my startup. Fantastic

Edited by Dr. Dan Langston
  • Like 1

The multitude of preference settings available in Accordance is it's major strength over other options out there. Nearly everything that can be toggled on an off can also be set to a specific default by a preference. I would like to see that "nearly" move as close as practically possible to everything. Interface wise workspaces should primarily be about layouts and not a way to circumvent applying a specific setting.

-- Michael, who likens Accordance to KDE and the competition to Gnome (at least when it comes to preference settings)