New iPhone 13; crashes; syncing a no-go for installing modules, user content

Julia Falling

Hey –

iAccord Build 3.2.6.13752; iOS 14.8

All my apps from my old iPhone transferred easily without a hitch, except iAccord, which was working on the old phone.  It didn't install at all.  So I installed it from the app store, and it crashed upon attempt to open.  Reinstalled.  After a couple of reinstalls on top of each other, I was finally able to open the app, and sign in.  In the past, I have found it easier to install my modules with a wifi sync, but attempts to sync resulted in an immediate iAccord crash.  Finally, I was able to load all the content I wanted using Easy Install.  iAccord said my User Content had been transferred before I ever did the Easy Install.  It wasn't.  I have no User Content at all. 

I have now updated to iOS 15 and have zeroed out everything in the iPhone System Setting even though I hadn't set anything.

I now get a freeze when syncing (wifi) between iAccord on my new iPhone and my MBP at the very first module in the sync attempt.

So I tried a wifi sync with my iPad, also updated to iOS 15, running the same version of iAccord.  I added a test highlight and test note @Mt 1:2 to see whether the new data transferred properly.  The sync went perfectly.  The new highlight and note were present.  No freeze.  And modules I had updated on my Mac were updated on the iPad during the sync.

The problem seems to be the new iPhone.  This is a new install.  I spent quite a bit of time last week eliminating almost highlights in Tools, and eliminating a lot of highlight styles used in Texts.  That solved the problem I had been having syncing User Content between Mac & iPad.  At this point, there is no disabling corruption in my files (Notes, Highlights or User Tools) that prevents a wifi sync between Mac & iPad.  If my files aren't corrupt, and a Mac<—>iPad wifi sync works, why doesn't a  Mac<—>iPhone wifi sync work?  

Thanks you for any help you can offer.

I was able to install 13gb worth of modules without a hitch on a 13 pro max. 

Not discrediting your report at all; just adding data and info. 

I did it by downloading from easy install. I also setup my phone as a new device every year.

Edited by Brian W. Davidson

Brian –

I also was able to install modules using Easy Install.  At this point, however, I am unable to get my User Content onto my new iPhone.  Were you able to get your User Content (Notes, Highlights, Tools) on your new phone?

We are also using the iPhone Upgrade program.  Didn't have this problem last year.  

I keep wanting to have a way to load User Content with a direct connection (cord).  I've had so many syncing problems, both Dropbox and wifi, that I want a more reliable method.  I've stopped running betas and hoped that would help, but I'm still having difficulties.

Thanks, Brian.  

If I can get it on my iPad with a wifi sync, why not my phone with a wifi sync?  It makes no sense.  I may give Dropbox a try later when I have time.  I have experienced data loss with Dropbox sync in the past, and it happened often enough that I started backing up my entire Accordance folder before I synced.  I have continued to backup before any sync since then.  Perhaps if I can get it on there via DropBox, I can continue via wifi.

This should not be that difficult.

Here's another piece of data.  I get this screen every time I attempt to sync my new iPhone.  The old iPhone has been reset to factory settings.  So I haven't added an additional device, but replace my old phone with the new one.  

Why is this happening?

1690602519_ScreenShot2021-09-26at10_09_26PM.jpg.ef51013a50e66325d2460cf2c549dfa9.jpg