linking notes together

Kristin

I think the Notes are being worked on by Accordance, so in case it can be added into the design, it would be really helpful if one note could display at all the places where I have the note linked to. Here is a random example:

In Lk 1:19 Gabriel is mentioned, so at Lk 1:19 I may have a little note that says

"Gabriel is mentioned in the OT (Dan 8:16, Dan 9:21) and mentioned once more by Luke (Lk 1:26) Lk 1:19."

But then I need to copy and paste that same note at Dan 8:16, Dan 9:21, and Lk 1:26. So this one little note has now turned into 4 notes. It would be helpful if when I post this note at Lk 1:19 that it is visible at all the places the note had been linked.

Thank you for considering this.

Kristin

• Thanks 1

I think what you would want is to be able to add a notes file to the info pane, so it would show the notes that contain references to the current verse.

Hi @jlm,
Thanks for the idea, but I would really need it to be incorporated to the Notes. My "Notes" are literally hundreds of pages long and would not fit in the Info pane.

I guess I didn’t explain well, @Kristin: my idea was for the Info Pane to do with notes what it does with Tools, so that if you add the Notes file to My Toolset, the Info pane would show an icon for the notes file whenever it contains a link to the current verse. Then you could click on the icon to open a pane showing all of the notes that link to the verse.

However, at the point, there isn’t even support for searching a notes file for links to a verse.

4 hours ago, jlm said:

n icon for the notes file whenever it contains a link to the current verse. Then you could click on the icon to open a pane showing all of the notes that link to the verse.

However, at the point, there isn’t even support for searching a notes file for links to a verse.

Hi @jlm,
Thanks for the clarification, and I think Accordance can do what you are saying. At the right side of a verse there is such an icon, and when I click on it, it opens ALL the notes I have on such icon. It is really well done.

Likewise, if you open a specific note in a new tab, you do have the ability to search by reference number, or by word.

I personally like that the notes are not on the info pane specifically, as the info pane would get too clogged. In fact, I learned a valuable lesson when creating this screenshot.

As mentioned, if you click the icon ALL your notes open on that specific verse. Since I have something like 40 different note files, Accordance gave a warning box saying the workspace was too narrow, which is a box I had to click away multiple times until it left the remaining. So be mindful to not overdo it with the note files, but I suspect for most people it will work fine.

Were you referring to something else?
Kristin

1439064637_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-26um09_11_42.thumb.png.79c0aba70cb6823e1179f543d97d7a47.png

To return to your original post, and use that as an example, if you make one note on Luke 1:19 containing links to three other verses, the icon will only let you access it at Luke 1:19. But if the Info Pane was searching notes file for links like it does with Tools, then the note would also appear for the three linked verses.