No pop-up highlight box

curtisg1516

I would recommend making the highlight floating box to be used as another tab or something that can be attached to the side like the instant details.

Hope that makes sense.... Do you know what I mean?

Curtis

Hi @curtisg1516,

If I am understanding your question correctly, that is for sure already possible. :) Instead of selecting a word, go up to the very top at the toolbar. If you click on "Highlights" a box like you are describing pops up. You are able to resize and move the box.

The only thing to be aware of is that it will just randomly start highlighting every word you click on, so be sure to unclick "enabled" (on the right side of the highlight box) to prevent this.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

Thanks Kristin. 

Yes, I am aware of the highlight pop up. I was thinking of being able to have the highlight pop up as something that doesn’t pop up but can be used as a another tab or instant details kind of thing. Not a floating pop up but something that can always be seen …. Hard to explain. I’m thinking particularly of the way highlights work on Logos.

thanks,

Curtis

Hi @curtisg1516,

Thanks for your response, but I am not quite sure if I understand, as from my perspective it does act like you are describing. I am attaching a picture of what is in my mind, and could you please clarify how you would like it compare to this?

I can say two thoughts I have:

1) I hope that it will remember that I NEVER use enabled and I wish I did not need to click it EVERY time.

2) I like that I can resize it, but I wish it could be more of a long skinny rectangle, but it seems to be limited to various squares.

Take care,

Kristin

835540833_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-20um20_20_58.thumb.png.52c94792b4ea7e8022572804b97a2fb0.png

Oh yea, I suppose that's a good way to do it. By the way, I say all this as someone who think Accordance highlighting is top notch. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Curtis

• Like 1

Having a long skinny rectangle was, in part, what I was thinking about though. 

I agree, I would like a long skinny rectangle, but my primary concern is that it remembers that I unchecked "enabled." It is obnoxious needing to uncheck it 50x a day.