User Notes Directory for Syncing

Timothy Pauls

Howdy. 

Dunno if it was the upgrade to 13.3.0 or user error (not improbable), but my user notes have stopped syncing between computers. Where should I locate my user notes for syncing to resume? The only article I found was from 2018, which said Finder>Documents>Accordance Files, but that doesn't seem to do it anymore. 

MacOS 11.5.2/Accordance 13.3.0

Thanks.

Hi @Timothy Pauls,

Your User Notes should be in the same place. Did you go one step deeper into User Notes? The files are Documents --> Accordance Files --> User Notes. That would be where to find files, but if it is a syncing issue, check the syncing preference on both your computer and iPad. It sounds like Notes is turned off on one or both devices.

Sincerely,

Kristin

Hi, Kristin – and thanks for the reply. I'm actually syncing between a laptop and desktop. Both are set to sync automatically with Dropbox, and the files are in the correct place in both directories. Also, none of my user notes are available from the "User Notes" menu. 

Edited by Timothy Pauls

12 hours ago, Timothy Pauls said:

Hi, Kristin – and thanks for the reply. I'm actually syncing between a laptop and desktop. Both are set to sync automatically with Dropbox, and the files are in the correct place in both directories. Also, none of my user notes are available from the "User Notes" menu. 

I have had this same problem twice.  I thought it was just me.  I also would appreciate a solution.

You should create backups of the user content you are trying to sync, if you haven't already. This is very important!!!!!! This is in the "Accordance Files" folder.

Then, it might help to unlink from Dropbox and relink, in the Acc preferences. 

If that doesn't help, hopefully one of your computers has the User Note file that has all your entries (old and new). If so, delete the copy on Dropbox.com and manually upload the complete copy of your User Notes from the "Accordance Files" folder. Then this copy should sync to both computers.

If one computer has entries that the other doesn't, and vice versa, then you may manually move the User Note file from one computer to the other and merge the two copies, then sync the merged file to Dropbox.

And just in case you missed it before, you should make backups of your user content before you attempt the above.

Please, contact us to techsupport@accordancebible.com if you need further help. 

• Like 1

Thanks, tech support. 

I've followed instructions; but when I select "Sync with Dropbox," the sync progress window reports, "Nothing to Sync" briefly before the window disappears. Here's a screenshot of the directory path to make sure that's set up right. Plus, you can see my old BibleWorks folder for the sake of nostalgia. 😉

920370681_AccordanceFiles.thumb.jpeg.ba968dac90b94100ddd36a4ebd64ba68.jpeg