Info Pane Pericope does not open Outlines Module

Anthony Estes

I attended a webinar a few months ago led by Ryan. He demonstrated that in the info pane, the pericope located at the top was hyperlinked to the Outlines of the Bible module. I have used this module a few times and always found it helpful, so I thought that was a neat trick. However, when I tried to do that, it did not open Outlines, but instead the NRSV Notes module (I was using the NRSV as my text).

Anyway, even with yesterday's update, that issue still hasn't been addressed. Today, I opened up a KJV text and thought I'd try to use the Info Pane to get to the Outlines module by clicking on the pericope at the top. When I did that, it opened the Outlines module! I was pleasantly surprised. I did the same thing with the NRSV, but the NRSV Notes module opened and not the outlines Module.Tried the same with ESV with the same results.

My theory: Perhaps this is only happening with Bible modules that have a corresponding Notes or Cross-reference module.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I've switched something in my settings, but I thought I should post it here.

Outlines from Info Pane.png

There seems to be many such problems with the info pane in 13.3.0. They are working now to rectify those problems. Hang in there and it will be resolved shortly.

Yes, the Info pane immediately displays the Commentary section when a tab or workspace is reopened with it already turned on, but the Commentary section disappears once scrolling begins.

Anthony,

You theory seems to be correct, as per:

Section Headings are localized in the Info Pane, if pulling from the Outlines module (i.e. no Section Headings in the text from the publisher).

taken from: 

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/01_welcome_help/new_v_13.htm?Highlight=headings

I think I'm to understand that the behavior I'm describing is, conclusively, not a bug. Is that right?

• 2 months later...

It would be REAL NICE if we could set what resource we wanted the pericope heading to open.  I enjoyed the outline tool extensively before the update that caused the notes to open if the respecting tool had a note file.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 3:06 PM, Dan Langston said:

It would be REAL NICE if we could set what resource we wanted the pericope heading to open.  I enjoyed the outline tool extensively before the update that caused the notes to open if the respecting tool had a note file.

Ditto

• Like 1

Adding outlines to my toolset so that it worked as described pre 13.3 would also be a nice have.

A way to collapse or view an outline in a tool such as text notes or commentary by would alsob e nice.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/24/2021 at 7:06 AM, Dan Langston said:

Now if only we could set the outline tool to a user tool I could have it bring up my own set of pericope headings image.png.87d70575f0b70b23bccd43956dc6feae.png

• Like 1