Brill Dictionary (GE) for iOS

Tim Planche

Thanks so much fo the The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek -

Have be n waiting for this for ages and just bought it this morning - it works well on my my - but will not install on my iPhone or iPad - 

Am I right in assuming I will be able to install soon after an update to iOS? I do most of my reading on my iPad so it would be disappointing if I can't install iOS devices

thanks in advance

Yes. The next update to the Accordance iOS app will allow users to take advantage of the new unicode support in these Brill tools, as well as the enhanced Letters search  available in updated Hebrew Texts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

available in updated Hebrew Texts. 

Should there not more Hebrew Texts to be updated? Only the HMT-W4 is on 2.1. The BHS-T etc. are still holding back. 

10 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Should there not more Hebrew Texts to be updated? Only the HMT-W4 is on 2.1. The BHS-T etc. are still holding back. 

Yes. We'll be updating the remainder of the Hebrew Texts this week. 

• Like 1

Does the transliteration in the Instant Details not work with the unicode font by hovering over a Greek word?

Does that mean that all of the modules which say they need a later version of Acc for iOS will work again and I won't need to delete modules and try to redownload earlier modules - I got so confused with this that just gave up using Accordance on iPad (which am still working from home is not a great loss but once forced to commute I would love the iOS Accordance to work)

Deleting and re-installing is pretty straightforward, if you really want to have it back on iOS. I use my ipad daily (using it right now) so it mattered to me. Delete the HMT-W4 and reinstall from Easy Install. The app will know to install the older version that will work. You don’t even need to worry about checking which version it is. 

may I know if the next update that support the Brill dictionary will launch soon? or months away? 

How about the “Etymological Dictionary of Greek”? will it be supported in iOS soon too?

11 minutes ago, henryaukc said:

may I know if the next update that support the Brill dictionary will launch soon? or months away? 

7 minutes ago, henryaukc said:

How about the “Etymological Dictionary of Greek”? will it be supported in iOS soon too?

Both works from Brill will be be given support on iOS in an upcoming update. It will be sooner rather than later; and I assume this year, but I'm not a programmer. I don't know if it will be in the very next update or not. 

• Like 1