Commentaries disappeared from Info Pane

Victor Watford

Updated to Version 13.3.0 on my MacOS Catalina and iOS Big Sur. On the MacOS Catalina the Commentaries have disappeared from the Info Pane.  How do I get them back?

Victor, I'm not certain what you mean by "iOS Big Sur," but could you post a screenshot of your Accordance window with the Info Pane open and no commentaries? Also, what commentaries most often show up for you?

IMG_5852.HEIC I took a picture w/ iPhone. Normally at the top of the info pane there will be 10 commentaries showing. On the desktop Mac using macOS Catalina they disappeared. On my MacBook Air using macOS Big Sur they are still there, but all my tabs are gone. 

Actually, I just had the same thing happen. They were there, and I jumped around in the Goto box to a number of different passages and then suddenly that section of the Info Pane was gone! I closed the Info Pane and they came back, but this definitely seems to be a bug. 

Try closing and re-opening the Info Pane and see if they come back.

It seems like hitting any of the navigation buttons at the bottom of the zone will make them disappear.

That did it. THANK YOU! At least I can get them back if the disappear again.

• Like 1

I’m having this same problem (Mac, Big Sur). Unfortunately I reuse a workspace with the info pane made smaller, and closing/reopening causes all the panes to resize. I use the info pane a lot and will be reverting to the previous version until this is fixed.  

Same thing happened in Windows w 13.3.0. Commentaries were in info pane, then disappeared. Closing and reopening info pane brought them back.

• Like 1

I concur with Rick's observation. Not only using the navigation button, but also rapid commentary scrolling will produce the glitch.  Book Covers or only titles gives the same glitch. Commentary in the same pane or or a different tied pane produce the glitch with rapid scrolling. 

If the commentary is not tied to a text, the issue does not appear.

Conclusion: There is an issue with tied commentaries and text navigation.

—Joseph the curious

• Like 1

Correction to my first post: the same thing is happening on my MacBook Air running macOS Big Sur. (I don't use it as much and didn't catch it as quickly). 

Aiee!!!...  just upgraded... wish I had paid attention to this and did not.  I use this feature constantly.  Any update on when this will be fixed?  It clearly can be worked around but is much more time consuming in my workflow as I switch between commentaries from the Info Pane a lot.

Hi Rich,

You can contact us at techsupport@accordancebible.com for a link to the previous version if you need to. We will be happy to help with this until the next update with the fix is released.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

This issue is fixed on the next update. We don't know when it will be released.

• Thanks 4

Hooray.... but in the words of Engelbert Humperdinck, "Please release me".  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3