Word Biblical Commentary Series

Daniel Scott

This might be a long shot, but any word on whether or not the Word Biblical Commentary publisher sale on Logos currently for 399 will be offered through Accordance any time soon??

• Like 2

+1

12 hours ago, Daniel Scott said:

This might be a long shot, but any word on whether or not the Word Biblical Commentary publisher sale on Logos currently for 399 will be offered through Accordance any time soon??

Maybe not a long shot at all. October is a nice month to purchase commentary series.

• Like 4

Rick, you are back to your teasing form ...

• Like 4

23 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

October is a nice month to purchase commentary series.

So start saving!

;o) 

🥳🎉I'm so excited about this one. I cut my biblical studies teeth with WBC on another platform almost 20 years ago. Sold that version years back and have been wanting it in Accordance for years.  🎉🥳

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After sitting on the fence about getting WBC for years (mainly due to cost and not getting enough time to consult every title I already have in my library), I finally pulled the trigger while on sale 

Thankyou Accordance for securing this deal.

• Like 1

I do have somewhat easy access to a full print set of WBC (albeit with some traveling involved to consult them).  But not easy enough that I did it with any frequency.

I used WBC quite a bit for college papers but always to see comments on a particular text. Already owning the set has seen me serendipitously reading some volumes for no other reasons than they are easily accessible.

All being said I now have to figure out where they will live in my order of commentaries.

5 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

Excellent, You wont regret it!

Michael,

I'm super happy to have them now, as well. Like you said, I used them in college a lot. When it came to Bible dictionary-type questions or to commentary-type questions it was always this: "Start with Anchor (Bible Dictionary)" OR "Start with the Word Biblical Commentary."

I held onto my print copies of the WBC for a long time. Had the entire set as it stood about ten years ago. But like a lot of resources, I found that I never consulted the print copy once I had it in Accordance, so I sold them off eventually. Have not ever regretted it. 

• Like 3