Searching for only nouns with definite articles

Bielikov

Using the construct table, how would I search for only nouns with their definite article attached? Many thanks!

Hi @Λύχνις Δαν,

Can you let me know how you did that? That is what I had been trying to do too, but as soon as I add "NOUN" this little box pops up forcing me to be more specific as far as the "type" of noun. I couldn't figure out a way to have it just say "noun" like yours. Can you clarify this? Attached is a picture of the little pop-up I got when I added the noun column.

Thanks,

Kristin

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-05 um 16.14.03.png

Hi Kristin,

Sure. Just do not select anything for any of the categories and hit OK. It will put in an empty NOUN element

Thx

D

• Like 1

Dan, I had done almost what you suggested, but had put the particle in the same column and that is why it did not work. I am going to try it again, just as you suggested. And Kristin, you do not have to specify any details on the noun, and it will put it as any noun.

• Like 1

Dan, weird. So here is what I did. Your construction gave me two nouns next to each other, with one of them containing the definite article. So then I went back to my original, and removed the noun in the second column and removed the within parameter, and now it is working! So thanks. I wonder what I might have done wrong when I did that originally, but the important thing is that now I am getting my single noun with the definite article, and using what you taught me last week, constrained it to the book of Isaiah. Many thanks!

• Like 1

Are you working in Hebrew OT or Greek NT?

For Greek NT, I would use this:

AccArtNoun.png

Hebrew, thanks for asking. This is an interesting construction, at any rate.