Key Word Study Bible

kldbible

Please add Key Word Study Bible to Accordance. Thank you!

There are times when a Greek or Hebrew word has a distinct meaning that seriously affects the proper interpretation of Scripture. Unless you are familiar with these languages, you will not be able to determine what word in the original text was used or the differences between these words-until now.

The Hebrew-Greek Key Word® Study Bible identifies the key words of the original languages and presents clear, precise explanations of their meaning and usage. Those who love God's Word will treasure this Bible, for it contains a whole library of biblical helps within its covers.

@kldbible I suspect one of the reasons it is not available in that any of Accordance’s tagged texts coupled with an original language dictionary will accomplish much more than what the Key Word Study Bible alone does.  By more I mean that it will (providing you have purchased the required modules)

a. Easily give you access to a comprehensive dictionary entry for every single word or phrase depending on how the text is tagged (not just the ones tagged by the key word study Bible). And I use the word comprehensive because you can purchase the AMG published OT/NT complete word study dictionary in Accordance which will give you more information than just what they include in the gloss at the back of the Study Bible (see https://accordancebible.com/product/complete-word-study-dictionary-ot-nt-combo/)

b. Easily allow you to have the same functionality for multiple different translations providing they are tagged texts. (So not having to purchase a CSB and NASB versions of the Key Word Study Bible just to determine what the original language word was)

c. Easily allows you to consult multiple original language dictionaries for each  tagged word/phrase (say in Mounce, Renn or Vines) as well as accessing more technical resources such as lexicons or dictionaries of theology and exegesis. You can even run research searches across all your resources so you can see everything your library has to say.

d. Easily allow you to consult multiple other help resources you might have in your library such as atlases, charts, introductions and outlines.

About the only thing that is missing are the study notes themselves.

Basically Accordance itself provides the tools for you to be able to find in milliseconds all that your purchased resources have to offer in a way that far exceeds what the Key Word Study Bible can do.

3 hours ago, kldbible said:

Please add Key Word Study Bible to Accordance. Thank you!

Well, it's essentially there already with a combination of two things. (1) Any Bible translation with Strong's numbers gives you access to the underlying Hebrew or Greek Word in Instant Details. (2) If you add AMG's Complete Word Study Dictionary OT/NT Combo to your library you have the same dictionaries that are in the Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible, but better because they give more information. You could adjust your Amplification settings so that triple-clicking on a word goes straight to the AMG dictionaries. 

• Like 1

The AMG combo is a worthwhile expenditure! I use it frequently since I have selected to override in the amplify menu.

Bob

Out of interest, Does amg combo work with gk/n numbered texts or just strongs?

Edited by ukfraser

Fraser, I did a little experiment. Text used in NIV(11) with GK Numbers. Amplify preferences set to override Key Numbers Dictionaries with NT Word Study Dictionary and OT Word Study Dictionary. The Word Study Dictionaries work with the NIV when triple clicking.

Accordance must do interconversion between the two systems by some method.

—Joseph

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1